Best Window Seat?

Old December 8th 03, 01:38 PM
Iain & Deb

In article ,
says...
In om,
Mary composed with style:

Any tips on good window seats for kitties that are simple to install
and lightweight and nice for the cat? I expect to go to PetSmart or
elsewhere later today and I would appreciate any advice. It is a
regular sized window. Thanks!

Mine like this one:
http://tinyurl.com/y06x
This online price is better than what I paid in the store for it. Too
bad I already used my free shipping promo earlier this week or I would
have added this. What I like about it is that it is held by gravity
and leverage, and a small velcro strip on the sill. I got some extra
velco from a craft store and can move the window seat to another
window to keep things interesting. A second perch would be better,
though.

We've got the same thing, and it is wonderful. The cats really snuggle
into it.

Deb
Old December 8th 03, 04:17 PM
Mary

"Iain & Deb" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
In om,
Mary composed with style:

Any tips on good window seats for kitties that are simple to

install
and lightweight and nice for the cat? I expect to go to PetSmart

or
elsewhere later today and I would appreciate any advice. It is a
regular sized window. Thanks!

Mine like this one:
http://tinyurl.com/y06x

We've got the same thing, and it is wonderful. The cats really

snuggle
into it.

Deb, tell me this, does the perch part sit up high, or at sill level?
I am having a hard time figuring out the logistics. The "legs" look
awfully long.

Old December 9th 03, 11:02 PM
Cheryl

"Mary" wrote in
. com:

I got the perch today that I showed you a link to the other day from Petco.
They changed the design (fancier "legs") and it doesn't fit my narrow
window sills as well as the old design did. The part of the legs that lean
against the wall don't jutt out far enough and the perch is now on a
downward slant. I'm going to have to send it back. I might see if I can
find the old style in the store and ask if I can exchange it.

--
Cheryl

Old January 4th 04, 05:33 PM
mairzydotes79

I just moved into a new apartment, and the window sills here are really narrow. My cats love to sit and look out the window, but right now the only way to do that is to stand on my bed and stretch up looking at the window. And that means they're standing right next to my head. I'd rather not get waked up in the middle of the night up cat feet on my face.

Anyway, I'm wondering whether any of these window seats will work with my window sills. There is a "step" in them and the entire window sill is only maybe 1-1/2" deep.

One of my cats weighs about 5 pounds, and the other weighs closer to 11 or 12 pounds.

Old January 4th 04, 05:33 PM
mairzydotes79