Emergency Purrs, Please!

Old November 20th 04, 04:02 AM
Sherry

Default Emergency Purrs, Please!

My daughter just called me and she found a tiny kitten while walking to the
football game tonight. She says it is so little, and its eyes are completely
gooped shut. I told her I would take it to the vet first thing a.m. but in the
meantime, please purr purr purr this baby kitten is save-able.

Thanks
Sherry
Old November 20th 04, 04:14 AM
Sherry

My daughter just called me and she found a tiny kitten while walking to the
football game tonight. She says it is so little, and its eyes are

completely
gooped shut. I told her I would take it to the vet first thing a.m. but in

the
meantime, please purr purr purr this baby kitten is save-able.

Thanks
Sherry

Oh my. Many many saving purrs going out. Poor thing

I posted this to the wrong newsgroup! But thanks for any good thoughts. She is
bringing it at 6 a.m. before she leaves for work. She says it seems okay except
for its eyes.
Sherry
Old November 20th 04, 04:21 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-11-20, Sherry penned:
My daughter just called me and she found a tiny kitten while walking to the
football game tonight. She says it is so little, and its eyes are completely
gooped shut. I told her I would take it to the vet first thing a.m. but in
the meantime, please purr purr purr this baby kitten is save-able.

My heart goes out to the little one. I hope you're not in a very cold
climate! Poor thing.

--
monique

Old November 20th 04, 04:26 AM
KellyH

"Sherry " wrote in message
My daughter just called me and she found a tiny kitten while walking to
the
football game tonight. She says it is so little, and its eyes are
completely
gooped shut. I told her I would take it to the vet first thing a.m. but in
the
meantime, please purr purr purr this baby kitten is save-able.

Thanks
Sherry

Purrs on the way! We had a kitten at the shelter that was found at a
football game and named him Scrimmage. Sometimes the eyes aren't as bad as
one might think once they are cleaned up.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old November 20th 04, 06:24 PM
Alison

"Sherry " wrote in message
My daughter just called me and she found a tiny kitten while walking

to the
football game tonight. She says it is so little, and its eyes are

completely
gooped shut. I told her I would take it to the vet first thing a.m.

but in the
meantime, please purr purr purr this baby kitten is save-able.

Thanks
Sherry

Poor little mite. I hope he or she be ok.
Alison

Old November 20th 04, 08:56 PM
Sherry

Shaina and i send purrs to little kitten. hope he will be fine. keep
us posted.

-L

Well, thanks all for letting me vent. The regular vet is closed on Saturdays,
so I took the little mite to the local vet (yes, Phil, the cow vet--it's the
best I could do today). He got eye ointment, antibiotics. They got some Hills
A/D and a syringe--and he started eating and has been eating ever since. He
just didn't *know* how to eat. I still can't get him to eat out of a bowl, but
he's eating. He was not dehydrated. They theorized that his mother abandoned
him since he's weaning size. That's why he was out by himself. Hopefully he
will continue to improve over the weekend and we'll get him into see the
companion animal vet we usually use for a real diagnoses on the eye problem. I
just hope it isn't herpes or chlymidia or something bad We're keeping him
isolated and I'm trying to really wash my hands good every time I handle him.
You can already tell he feels better. He's cute. Take a look at the size of his
feet.
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/stripeykitten1.jpg
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/stripeykitten2.jpg
Sherry
Old November 20th 04, 09:43 PM
KellyH

"Sherry " wrote in message
You can already tell he feels better. He's cute. Take a look at the size
of his
feet.
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/stripeykitten1.jpg
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/stripeykitten2.jpg

What a little sweetie! I bet he's going to be a big kitty. Hope the eyes
clear up soon. The last litter I had came in with horrible conjuctivitis,
their eyes were all crusted shut. In just a couple days, they were fine.
It's amazing what a little TLC will do :-)

Old November 20th 04, 10:09 PM
Mimi Forsyth

You can already tell he feels better

Stripey kitty is going to be gorgeous when his eyes clear up....glad he feels
better.

www.mimiforsyth.com