Unexpected thud? Look for a stunned cat.

Old June 29th 04, 11:33 AM
Richard

Default Unexpected thud? Look for a stunned cat.

I have to admit I don't clean my windows any more often than I have to,
and I clean the outside even less often, and it's very rare that I ever
do the inside and outside at more or less the same time.

So I don't find it completely amazing that my three year old, gosh,
almost FOUR now, cat, Sally, should try to go outside through a closed
window. Awww, poor little sausage!

She now CHECKS that the window is open before hopping onto the window
sill.

Richard, whose Squeaky Chair can be seen at www.squeaky.demon.co.uk

UNEMPLOYMENT: The usual alternative to overwork.

Old June 29th 04, 06:20 PM
Karen

Ooooooo. Ouch. Grant got carried away at a bird on the deck one day and
tried to jump through the window. Owie.

Karen

Richard, whose Squeaky Chair can be seen at www.squeaky.demon.co.uk

UNEMPLOYMENT: The usual alternative to overwork.

Richard, whose Squeaky Chair can be seen at www.squeaky.demon.co.uk

UNEMPLOYMENT: The usual alternative to overwork.

Old June 29th 04, 06:52 PM
Seanette Blaylock

Richard had some very interesting things to say
about Unexpected thud? Look for a stunned cat.:

I have to admit I don't clean my windows any more often than I have to,
and I clean the outside even less often, and it's very rare that I ever
do the inside and outside at more or less the same time.
So I don't find it completely amazing that my three year old, gosh,
almost FOUR now, cat, Sally, should try to go outside through a closed
window. Awww, poor little sausage!
She now CHECKS that the window is open before hopping onto the window
sill.

Poor kid. Hope she's OK.

My bird still tends to fly into windows in an apartment he's lived in
for a year and a half. He just does not seem to be able to master the
concept of glass. :-)

--
"Don't mess with major appliances unless you know what you are doing
(or unless your life insurance policy is up-to-date)." - John, RCFL

Old June 29th 04, 08:32 PM
Mary

She now CHECKS that the window is open before hopping onto the window
sill.

I used to live in a place with floor to ceiling sliding patio doors along one
wall of my living room. I had a pet door in the sliding door track but I'd
sometimes leave the door open a foot. There were vertical blinds in front of
it. My cat just had breakfast and was running around crazy because I had a
friend over. He ran straight to the door at full speed thinking it was open. It
was not. He ran into the glass and the entire 20' wide patio doors shook and
shuddered for thirty seconds. He then slowly crawled face down through the cat
door then laid face down in the enclosed patio. I went out there and said
"Boots, are you okay?" and he went "mrrrrrrrrrrp." He stayed there for five
minutes then slowly started walking around again. No swelling, cuts or bruises,
just a bruised ego. After that I put a little decal on the window cat eyes high
so he wouldn't run into the glass again.

Old June 29th 04, 08:49 PM
David Stevenson

Richard wrote

I have to admit I don't clean my windows any more often than I have to,
and I clean the outside even less often, and it's very rare that I ever
do the inside and outside at more or less the same time.

So I don't find it completely amazing that my three year old, gosh,
almost FOUR now, cat, Sally, should try to go outside through a closed
window. Awww, poor little sausage!

She now CHECKS that the window is open before hopping onto the window
sill.

What are you doing on RPCA? I thought the post was familiar!

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome

Old June 29th 04, 09:54 PM
Karen

"Mary" wrote in message
[...]

Oh my gosh!!! Poor Boots! Grant at least only had a little shake off to do.