Miranda is 4!

Old November 30th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default Miranda is 4!

On Nov 30, 12:37*am, Marina wrote:
It's Mir's purrday today (Sunday). I can't believe my little baby girl
is four years old already. She just came in for a bite of breakfast
after sitting out in the enclosure and staring into the bushes outside
the garden wall. She's been doing this for days now. I don't know what
she's watching - I can't see anything there, though there are no leaves
left to hide whatever it is - but there must be something very
interesting there. She was soaked from the rain (the snow has melted, as
predicted). She doesn't care if she gets wet.

Mum and my middle sister came for supper with me yesterday, and the cats
got a good workout with playing and entertaining our guests. Miranda
showed off her skills in climbing up and down her new tower. I haven't
given her anything else for her birthday. It's hard to think of
something to give to someone who is soooo not interested in food and
treats and store-bought toys. Give her a shoestring and she's very, very
happy. Or a drinking straw. I'll just have to play extra much with her.
If she'd only come in from the enclosure. :P

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Happy Purrsday Miranda!

Purrs,
Rusty
Old November 30th 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

It's Mir's purrday today (Sunday). I can't believe my little baby girl
is four years old already.

Wow, me either! Happy birthday, Miranda!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old November 30th 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

"Marina" wrote in message
It's Mir's purrday today (Sunday). I can't believe my little baby girl is
four years old already.

Happy Purrday Mir! Time passes so quickly and I can't believe Rhett and
Scarlett are 4 now, too. I'm looking at Shamrock sleeping in the round bed
that R&S used to sleep in as kittens (together) and can't believe they both
fit in there together at one time.

Old December 1st 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Marina" wrote in message
It's Mir's purrday today (Sunday). I can't believe my little baby girl is
four years old already. She just came in for a bite of breakfast after
sitting out in the enclosure and staring into the bushes outside the
garden wall. She's been doing this for days now. I don't know what she's
watching - I can't see anything there, though there are no leaves left to
hide whatever it is - but there must be something very interesting there.
She was soaked from the rain (the snow has melted, as predicted). She
doesn't care if she gets wet.

Hoppy Purrday Mir Mir. You're such a beautiful little girl.

Pam S on behalf of the Fayetteville Mafia

Old December 1st 08, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Will in New Haven wrote:

Marina, I know how hard it is to find the proper gift for the little
girl who has everything but whatever you find, whether it is drinking
straw, an empty matchbox or perhaps something to put ON her tower, she
will appreciate it and give you lots of love in return.

I wouldn't count on it. I did try putting a towel into one of the cubby
holes in the tower, to make it softer. It comes with only a thin
carpet-type cover. But the towel was not to Miranda's liking at all, and
every time I put it inside the cubby hole, she would come and look
exasperated and pull it out of the tower. Ah well, at least I awoke her
long-dormant interior-decorator instincts, and gave her the opportunity
to show me what an idiot I am..

The towel is now in the *lowest* cubby hole of the tower, the one where
Caliban hangs out. Apparently, that's alright with Mir, too.

Actually,
present or no present, she will love her mommy.

I believe she does, in her own quirky way. She did come for a nap under
the blankie, curled up against my chest as usual.

Old December 2nd 08, 08:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

I put together a photo story of Miranda for Catslaves, and thought I
might post it here too, by way of thanks for all the birthday wishes.

Miranda wants to thank everyone for their birthday wishes. She had a
nice day, hanging out in her outdoor enclosure (in spite of the rain -
she doesn't mind getting wet at all) and climbing her new tower. Here
are some pictures from her life:

Baby Miranda. I can't really see the difference between these kittens,
but I'm quite convinced the kitten who is laying with her head *away*
from the milk bar is Miranda, since I've never met another cat who is so
not interested in food:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/12310...58511339FdoExb

Still can't see the difference between the kittens, but I'm pretty sure
this is Miranda. She still loves scaling my back to get higher up, or
just to ride my shoulder:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/12722...58511339jhhceG

Mere the first day at my place. She was intimidated by the two tuxedoes,
one of whom hised and growled at her (Nikki). The other one, Frank,
would have liked to make friends, but Mir was so upset from Nikki's
behaviour that she kept well away from him, too.

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/13039...58511339nyfcAc

One safe place she found:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/13062...58511339yVAUMw

And safety in numbers:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/13062...58511339WwpzmB

She did somewhat grow into those ears, eventually, though they're still
a pretty prominent featu

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=IMG_0495.jpg

Enjoying her new tower (Caliban is not so sure it's a Good Thing):

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=IMG_1127.jpg

Old December 2nd 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

"Marina" wrote in message
I put together a photo story of Miranda for Catslaves, and thought I might
post it here too, by way of thanks for all the birthday wishes.

Awww I love looking back over a lifetime in pictures to see how they
change. What a nice b-day album for her!

Cheryl