Anyone gotta clue?

Old April 23rd 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Default Anyone gotta clue?

This is Piglets slave, Gramby. My son had a calico cat come to his house.
He took it to the vet for surgery and shots etc. This cat was more vocal
than Piglet but since comming home she doesn't make a sound. I held her
today and she would open her mouth like she was going to talk but, not a
sound came out. The vet is gone for two days. It is just weird that such a
vocal cat could suddenly become so quiet.

Old April 23rd 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:05:49 -0500, "Granby" wrote:

This is Piglets slave, Gramby. My son had a calico cat come to his house.
He took it to the vet for surgery and shots etc. This cat was more vocal
than Piglet but since comming home she doesn't make a sound. I held her
today and she would open her mouth like she was going to talk but, not a
sound came out. The vet is gone for two days. It is just weird that such a
vocal cat could suddenly become so quiet.

What was the surgery and the etc? Was it the first time the calico had
this done to him, whatever it was. More detail please. I'll pass this
question on to our local Humane Society once you reply.

Old April 23rd 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Oh, sorry she was about to come in season and we didn't want little kittens
too! She appeared to be healthy, so she got "fixed" and got her shots and
checked for all sorts of things. She was just such a talker and since I
have a vision problem, I really appreciated her letting me know where she
was before I stepped on her!

Old April 23rd 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

If you would, I am concerned, she just blabbered before. She eats fine and
drinks good but just is so quiet.

Old April 23rd 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

Just got off the phone with the ted helper, she said that if they tube her
to put her to sleep her throat could be sore and if all her other behaviors
are fine wait and call your ted if she doesn't start meowing again in a
couple of days, she said its like when they vent people, soft

Old April 23rd 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Thought of that but this happened last Thursday so figured that wouldn't be
a problem by now. May not pay me to "figure"! Will call when he gets back
in town if it isn't better. Ddn't happen to Piglet but who knows. You know
hwo acats find their way to that house. Piglets new housemate O.T. Hahoney
is getting bigger by the day. Can't wait until he is weaned!

Old April 23rd 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:22:33 -0500, "Granby" wrote:

Oh, sorry she was about to come in season and we didn't want little kittens
too! She appeared to be healthy, so she got "fixed" and got her shots and
checked for all sorts of things. She was just such a talker and since I
have a vision problem, I really appreciated her letting me know where she
was before I stepped on her!
.. .
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:05:49 -0500, "Granby" wrote:

This is Piglets slave, Gramby. My son had a calico cat come to his
house.
He took it to the vet for surgery and shots etc. This cat was more vocal
than Piglet but since comming home she doesn't make a sound. I held her
today and she would open her mouth like she was going to talk but, not a
sound came out. The vet is gone for two days. It is just weird that such
vocal cat could suddenly become so quiet.

What was the surgery and the etc? Was it the first time the calico had
this done to him,

I mean her

whatever it was. More detail please. I'll pass this
question on to our local Humane Society once you reply.

The answer so far is that maybe the problem is post-operative pain.
Cats hide pain by being quiet, which serves them well in the wild.
It should go away in a week. Don't worry too much unless she is still
quiet when the spay wound is healed.

[OT] Gotta do it somehow! Pat Cat anecdotes 5 December 4th 05 04:16 PM
I went, I saw, I have no clue jmcquown Cat anecdotes 17 June 29th 05 08:23 PM
Gotta go Krista Cat anecdotes 23 March 13th 05 07:14 PM
I gotta gif!! blurbubble Cat community 2 December 11th 04 04:10 AM
Robin hasn't a clue... Hopitus2 Cat anecdotes 6 October 3rd 03 05:22 AM