Lester: RB

Old December 13th 03, 08:16 PM
Hopitus2

There are some of us who are such emotional saps that every time we read a
post re someone's loved cat headed for the RB tears roll down our faces even
though we never knew their cat and have no idea, usually, what it looked
like......explain that, except that we are emotional saps. Luckily, there is
no one around to witness this or question our sanity.

"Lars" wrote in message
: Hi,
:
: Not sure if this will arrive to the group properly as I have never been on
: news group until this past week... So here goes...
:
: I have to agree with Jeanne here - That the expressions of sympathy here
are
: far from useless -
:
: This past week (Monday, Dec 8 at 3:23 PM) - my husband and I lost our
: friend, companion and basically our 'kid' - 'Gibby' (good night
ibs) -
: At first when my husband wrote - I had no interest in responses -
: but.....then - one afternoon as I cried my eyes out - I began to read all
: the caring and thoughtful responses - I read everyone of them - and cried
: all the harder - learning that there are many out there that are caring
: animal lovers as my husband and I are -
:
: The letters/group responses mean "much" to me - and I want to say "thank
you
: to you all"! As reading them has helped me to grieve and slowly I am
: getting to the point that I do not always cry when I think of Gibby -
:
: Margie & Chris Larsen
:
:
: "JBHajos" wrote in message
: ...
: unexpected offers of sympathy were not "useless" at all? "Useless" in
: that they can't change the circumstances but helpful at healing the
: pain? This summer, my daughter, Stephanie, told me they had lost
: their little Tortie, not long after losing their beloved Violet. I
: posted this news to RPCA and many of you voiced your sympathy. I
: forwarded these beautiful messages to Stephanie. Your notes released
the
: buried pain and began the healing process.
: Stephanie was grateful to the "wonderful people" of RPCA and I echo
: her gratitude.
:
: Jeanne
:
:

Old December 13th 03, 08:50 PM
polonca12000

What a great description! Thanks.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Railroadman" wrote in message
snipNow I have Prissy & Crissy, two littermates, who will
soon be 13 (4/12/04), and my new wife (married almost 10 years now)
has "Pretty Boy", a full blooded Himalayan that we got at an animal
shelter for $35. He is devoted to Karen, but disdains to accept me,
while the ladies are attached to me, and still spit at my wife, even
though it is almost 10 years since she "invaded their territory".

J. H. Sullivan, Florida

Old December 14th 03, 01:46 AM
Jette Goldie

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
There are some of us who are such emotional saps that every time we read a
post re someone's loved cat headed for the RB tears roll down our faces

even
though we never knew their cat and have no idea, usually, what it looked
like......explain that, except that we are emotional saps. Luckily, there

is
no one around to witness this or question our sanity.

Well, except occasionally our spouses who already know that
we're emotional saps :-/

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old December 14th 03, 02:26 AM
Yoj

"Jette Goldie" wrote in message

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
There are some of us who are such emotional saps that every time we

read a
post re someone's loved cat headed for the RB tears roll down our

faces
even
though we never knew their cat and have no idea, usually, what it

looked
like......explain that, except that we are emotional saps. Luckily,

there
is
no one around to witness this or question our sanity.

Well, except occasionally our spouses who already know that
we're emotional saps :-/

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Some of us are such emotional saps that we usually don't read those
threads because they tear us up too much.

Joy

Old December 16th 03, 12:42 AM
JP Hobbs

I am one of those emotional saps I spend half my time on this machine
bawling my eyes out, and the other half trying to write replies,
but I too think they help with the grief Jean P.

Hopitus2 wrote in message
There are some of us who are such emotional saps that every time we read a
post re someone's loved cat headed for the RB tears roll down our faces

even
though we never knew their cat and have no idea, usually, what it looked
like......explain that, except that we are emotional saps. Luckily, there

is
no one around to witness this or question our sanity.

"Lars" wrote in message
: Hi,
:
[...]

: ...