Francesca Fascinated by My Printer

Old July 2nd 04, 05:45 PM
Melissa Houle

Default Francesca Fascinated by My Printer

Hi all,

Just had to share this tidbit. While I was printing a document just now,
Cesca came over to watch. The expression on her face as she saw the sheets
feed out of the printer was priceless--she was mesmerized! If she could
have talked, I'm sure she'd have said "Wow! will you look at THAT? Wow! It's
incredible!" The only other times she looks that intense is when we're
playing with her favorite fishing pole type toy. I had a friend over for a
kitten viewing yesterday morning, and Cesca dragged the toy over to me by
its leather tassle. Then she sat and stared at it, waiting for it to start
playing with her, again. There are moments when I think this cat is
amazingly smart, and other moments when I wonder if she's quite right in the
head. =o)

Melissa

Old July 2nd 04, 05:52 PM
TBird

"Melissa Houle" wrote in message
[...]

Sweetie goes after the printer part as it shoots back and forth. She can be
sound asleep downstairs and across the house, but if the printer starts,
she's right there on top of it.

TBird ---- often has to move the cat so the paper can come out

Old July 2nd 04, 07:57 PM
Richard

Some people said things, and then:-
Melissa Houle added

Hi all,

Just had to share this tidbit. While I was printing a document just now,
Cesca came over to watch. The expression on her face as she saw the sheets
feed out of the printer was priceless--she was mesmerized! If she could
have talked, I'm sure she'd have said "Wow! will you look at THAT? Wow! It's
incredible!" The only other times she looks that intense is when we're
playing with her favorite fishing pole type toy. I had a friend over for a
kitten viewing yesterday morning, and Cesca dragged the toy over to me by
its leather tassle. Then she sat and stared at it, waiting for it to start
playing with her, again. There are moments when I think this cat is
amazingly smart, and other moments when I wonder if she's quite right in the
head. =o)

;-) But you got off easy. Dusty, a previous cat, came home with a
mouse, very much alive, which he placed at my feet and then looked up
and "mrrrp"ed at me. He just sat there and watched as it headed for
cover under the furniture. Something he'd never done before. With a
sigh I set to, lifting up various items of furniture to find the darn
mouse, and all the while Dusty was beside me, looking on and "chrrrping"
encouragingly. Even when I pointed at the mouse and I *knew* he could
see it he wouldn't take a step towards it, just "chrrrped" at me even
louder. In the end I gave up and caught the mouse and gave it back to
him whereupon he promptly put it down at my feet and "mrrrp"ed at me
once more. So yes, we went through the whole routine again. I'll
*swear* that he was teaching me how to catch mice!

Richard, whose Squeaky Chair can be seen at www.squeaky.demon.co.uk

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." -Theodore Roosevelt

Old July 2nd 04, 08:16 PM
Karen

"Richard" wrote in message
[...]

That's exactly what it sounds like!! You were in need of education. Honest
though, that is how they do it for there babies in the wild. Don't you feel
honored. You are an honorary son.

Old July 2nd 04, 08:17 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Melissa Houle wrote:

Hi all,

Just had to share this tidbit. While I was printing a document just now,
Cesca came over to watch. The expression on her face as she saw the sheets
feed out of the printer was priceless--she was mesmerized! If she could
have talked, I'm sure she'd have said "Wow! will you look at THAT? Wow! It's
incredible!" The only other times she looks that intense is when we're
playing with her favorite fishing pole type toy. I had a friend over for a
kitten viewing yesterday morning, and Cesca dragged the toy over to me by
its leather tassle. Then she sat and stared at it, waiting for it to start
playing with her, again. There are moments when I think this cat is
amazingly smart, and other moments when I wonder if she's quite right in the
head. =o)

I think the same thought crosses the minds of parents of precocious
children! (Intellectual curiosity plus lack of fear - due to lack of
experience - can be a volatile combination.)

Old July 2nd 04, 10:13 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 16:45:26 GMT, "Melissa Houle"
wrote:

Hi all,

Just had to share this tidbit. While I was printing a document just now,
Cesca came over to watch. The expression on her face as she saw the sheets
feed out of the printer was priceless--she was mesmerized! If she could
have talked, I'm sure she'd have said "Wow! will you look at THAT? Wow! It's
incredible!" The only other times she looks that intense is when we're
playing with her favorite fishing pole type toy. I had a friend over for a
kitten viewing yesterday morning, and Cesca dragged the toy over to me by
its leather tassle. Then she sat and stared at it, waiting for it to start
playing with her, again. There are moments when I think this cat is
amazingly smart, and other moments when I wonder if she's quite right in the
head. =o)

Sammy has been known to follow me from room to room, dragging her fish
pole toy demanding to have a game. Course she always gets her way ;-)
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: