Cats and Squirrel Logs

Old February 24th 10, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut[_2_]

Default Cats and Squirrel Logs

Went out to check and fill all the cat, squirrel, bird, etc feeding
stations so they could all eat the next morning and seen something I
never seen before.

I shined the light on the squirrel logs and a pair of eyes shined
back. At first I thought it was a possum which there is a couple
around. Upon further looking it turned out to be one of the cats that
come around. He was setting on the platform in the tree chewing on
the yellow squirrel log which is primarily made up of corn.

There was still dry and wet cat food out but evidently the cat felt
like a change of diet. Never in all the years I been feeding animals
have I seen this before.

Old February 24th 10, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

kraut wrote:

Went out to check and fill all the cat, squirrel, bird, etc feeding
stations so they could all eat the next morning and seen something I
never seen before.

I shined the light on the squirrel logs and a pair of eyes shined
back. At first I thought it was a possum which there is a couple
around. Upon further looking it turned out to be one of the cats that
come around. He was setting on the platform in the tree chewing on
the yellow squirrel log which is primarily made up of corn.

There was still dry and wet cat food out but evidently the cat felt
like a change of diet. Never in all the years I been feeding animals
have I seen this before.

When I was in my teens we had a big orange tabby male who like corn on
the cob. MLB
Old February 24th 10, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

MLB wrote:
kraut wrote:

Went out to check and fill all the cat, squirrel, bird, etc feeding
stations so they could all eat the next morning and seen something I
never seen before.

I shined the light on the squirrel logs and a pair of eyes shined
back. At first I thought it was a possum which there is a couple
around. Upon further looking it turned out to be one of the cats that
come around. He was setting on the platform in the tree chewing on
the yellow squirrel log which is primarily made up of corn.

There was still dry and wet cat food out but evidently the cat felt
like a change of diet. Never in all the years I been feeding animals
have I seen this before.

When I was in my teens we had a big orange tabby male who like corn on
the cob. MLB

And I had a former feral kitten who doted on popcorn!
Old February 24th 10, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut[_2_]

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:12:24 -0700, MLB wrote:

kraut wrote:

Went out to check and fill all the cat, squirrel, bird, etc feeding
stations so they could all eat the next morning and seen something I
never seen before.

I shined the light on the squirrel logs and a pair of eyes shined
back. At first I thought it was a possum which there is a couple
around. Upon further looking it turned out to be one of the cats that
come around. He was setting on the platform in the tree chewing on
the yellow squirrel log which is primarily made up of corn.

There was still dry and wet cat food out but evidently the cat felt
like a change of diet. Never in all the years I been feeding animals
have I seen this before.

When I was in my teens we had a big orange tabby male who like corn on
the cob. MLB

I got a tortie who like corn (The type humans eat) but never one who
like kernal corn and especially squirrel logs!!

Go figure!

Old February 25th 10, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"MLB" wrote in message
kraut wrote:

Went out to check and fill all the cat, squirrel, bird, etc feeding
stations so they could all eat the next morning and seen something I
never seen before.

I shined the light on the squirrel logs and a pair of eyes shined
back. At first I thought it was a possum which there is a couple
around. Upon further looking it turned out to be one of the cats that
come around. He was setting on the platform in the tree chewing on
the yellow squirrel log which is primarily made up of corn.

There was still dry and wet cat food out but evidently the cat felt
like a change of diet. Never in all the years I been feeding animals
have I seen this before.

When I was in my teens we had a big orange tabby male who like corn on the
cob. MLB

I used to have two cats who were crazy about corn on the cob.

Joy

Not a squirrel Yowie Cat anecdotes 4 March 16th 09 04:04 AM
The Cat & the Squirrel jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 April 1st 08 11:22 PM
Squirrel Watching CatNipped Cat anecdotes 23 January 19th 06 12:05 AM
Well, the squirrel survived... CatNipped Cat anecdotes 9 December 19th 04 11:46 PM
Tales from the Mouser - Medical Logs Mischief Cat anecdotes 3 August 26th 04 02:15 AM