Oh............Nice One Louie!

Old September 20th 04, 03:59 PM
bonbon

Default Oh............Nice One Louie!

Two weeks ago, on saturday morning, my husband and I woke up to Louie
sporting the third eyelid halfway up on his left eye. Only the left
one though. We thought perhaps he had scratched it or something
during the night, but rushed him over to the vet anyhow. Turns out it
was a tooth that needed to be extracted, and the little bugger hadn't
given us not one single sign prior. Then for two weeks I freaked out
for what turned out to be absolutely nothing, and now that it's all
behind us, we've discovered that tooth cost us just a little over
$1,000.00.

I guess I should have made the subject line on this one read
"Oh........Nice One bonbon!"

-bonbon
Old September 20th 04, 04:52 PM
Karen

Wow. That must have been pretty badly infected! I'm glad you got it in time
as that could be VERY bad. Hope Louie is feeling better.

Old September 21st 04, 05:39 AM
LOL

bonbon wrote in message . ..
Two weeks ago, on saturday morning, my husband and I woke up to Louie
sporting the third eyelid halfway up on his left eye. Only the left
one though. We thought perhaps he had scratched it or something
during the night, but rushed him over to the vet anyhow. Turns out it
was a tooth that needed to be extracted, and the little bugger hadn't
given us not one single sign prior. Then for two weeks I freaked out
for what turned out to be absolutely nothing, and now that it's all
behind us, we've discovered that tooth cost us just a little over
$1,000.00.

I guess I should have made the subject line on this one read
"Oh........Nice One bonbon!"

-bonbon

Ouch! Wallet purrs are headed your way! I hope Louie is feeling
better by now. :-)

------
Krista

Old September 21st 04, 06:06 AM
bonbon

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:52:38 -0500, "Karen"
wrote:

Wow. That must have been pretty badly infected! I'm glad you got it in time
as that could be VERY bad. Hope Louie is feeling better.

Thanks Karen. Louie is doing just fine. I'm still a little
frazzl;ed, but that too shall pass.

Looks like I'm going to really have to keep an eye on this guys teeth.
Obviously for his sake, but also for our's ($) YIKES!! This one made
his last cleaning and scaling at $300 look like a bugger. Apparently,
just like us people, some cats have stronger teeth than others. I
should have known something was up with Louie from the get go (when he
was a kitten, he had 8 fangs for quite a while), and upon his first
visit to the vet, (just an all around general check-up and first
series of shots) when the vet opened Louie's mouth to have a look,
Louie promptly bit him.

I really wish Louie would let us brush his teeth, but this is a cat
who just to administer oral antibiotics to, requires both my husband
and myself. IOW - it's not gonna happen.

I gladly welcome any suggestions.....?

-bonbon