Too Dizzy and Tired to Write Much, but Internet Update and stuff

Old February 21st 09, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Default Too Dizzy and Tired to Write Much, but Internet Update and stuff

They wanted to see Internet back at the vet's, and the one who had seen
him had an emergency out of town, so I saw Dr. Dan (this is my backup
vet; I owe my regular vets over $600, and I have no idea how I am going
to get those guys paid, but they sure deserve it, so I will find a way).
He looked again and Internet does *not* at this point have a prolapsed
anus. Yeahhhhhhh! He said it looked much better (they must have taken
a photo to get his opinion?) and although it was a little puffy, it
wasn't prolapsed. Internet *was* slightly dehydrated, though, and there
were some nodules/nodes? on his lymph glands, so I opted not to run a
full blood panel, but just the thyroid tests. If he has problems there,
I can put him on Tapazole and he will probably still keep going okay.

I tried the fluids before dinner and was as lousy as usual. Then the
vet's office called, and told me I had to kind of hold on to the needle.
Oh! That makes it better!

They called because I had written them post-dated checks, which were in
with the cash box. And last night, they got robbed. And my checks went
with the cashbox.

I was freaking out because things are so tight I'm feeling squeezed
beyond belief, and there would be no way I could pay their exhorbitant
check cancel fee (for three checks!). Luckily, since they were stolen,
there was no charge. I just have to find the rest of my checks (if I
have any!) and write them over again.

It's *always* something!

Ginger-lyn
All the cats are sick, too, with a URI. Gah. Ick. Sneeze, sneeze,
sneeze. Poor babies.
Old February 21st 09, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
[...]

Well, I think if there had been a fee to cancel the checks, the vet clinic
would have been responsible (not you). The checks were in their "care" when
they were stolen. Fortunately, that's not a problem.

Good news about Internet!

MaryL

Old February 21st 09, 07:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
[...]

I'm glad Internet's problem isn't as bad as first thought.

(((((((Ginger-lyn and cats)))))))))

Joy

Old February 21st 09, 10:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Ginger-lyn wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Ginger-Lyn }}}}}}}}}}}}
Still sending purrs for you and your clowder.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old February 21st 09, 12:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
[...]

Glad to hear Internet is on the mend! I hope the tests don't show thyroid
problems.

It sucks about them being robbed and your checks going out the door with the
cash box. 20-some years ago my landlady's house was broken into. Among
other things, the thief took the check I'd written for rent. She didn't
bother to tell me for almost a month, which ticked me off. I can only
imagine the hassle with the bank if they'd managed to cash the check!

The bank didn't care the check was stolen, they still charged me to put a
stop-payment on it. (I think the landlady should have at least offered to
split the fee. She's the one who hung onto the check for weeks. I was
stunned to learn she hadn't deposited it.) By then the next month's rent
was due. Fortunately I had the money, but boy was it *painful* to write her
a check for twice the usual amount!

Hang in there, Ginger-lyn. Purrs that things start looking up and you and
your kitties feel better soon!

Jill

Old February 21st 09, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Feb 20, 10:33*pm, Ginger-lyn wrote:
[...]

Glad to hear about Internet.
I know how you feel about vet bills. I am debating whether to go for a
full senior blood panel when Rusty's goes for his vaccination
next month. Just paid a small fortune to have his tail examined and X-
rayed.
My vet does not accept checks, just credit card and cash. My credit
card
statements regularly have an item from the vet clinic since Rusty is
on
prescription food.

Winnie
Old February 22nd 09, 07:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Ginger-lyn"
[...]

Ginger-lyn, may I give you a hug? I've been thinking about you and
sending you good wishes and thoughts, and I wish I could do more for you,
but would a hug do?
If not, no worries. You have just been thru SO much...
You're a kind, strong, wonderful woman, and ......
You are loved by so many people here.
Blessings to you and your sweet kitties..
Kyla

Old February 22nd 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Ginger-lyn wrote:
They wanted to see Internet back at the vet's, and the one who had seen
him had an emergency out of town, so I saw Dr. Dan (this is my backup
vet; I owe my regular vets over $600, and I have no idea how I am going
to get those guys paid, but they sure deserve it, so I will find a way).
He looked again and Internet does *not* at this point have a prolapsed
anus. Yeahhhhhhhsnip
They called because I had written them post-dated checks, which were in
with the cash box. And last night, they got robbed. And my checks went
with the cashbox.

I was freaking out because things are so tight I'm feeling squeezed
beyond belief, and there would be no way I could pay their exhorbitant
check cancel fee (for three checks!). Luckily, since they were stolen,
there was no charge. I just have to find the rest of my checks (if I
have any!) and write them over again.

It's *always* something!

Ginger-lyn
All the cats are sick, too, with a URI. Gah. Ick. Sneeze, sneeze,
sneeze. Poor babies.

Lots of purrs for the kitties and hugs for you, Ginger-lyn,
Polonca and Soncek
Old February 25th 09, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
[...]

Oh, that really sucks. I can't believe she did that. Actually, yes I
can. My landlord holds on to the checks for quite awhile sometimes,
too, to the point that we still don't know if I am behind in rent or not.

Anyway, sounds like your landlady was no prize and it's good you're out
of there.

Thanks for the purrs :-) Jill and everyone. They are most welcome.

The cats have been spending a lot of time curled up with me on the bed.
There's never more than 7 for some reason (not enough space, I
suppose). They really put out amazingly loud purrs that practically
vibrate the bed! It's a nice feeling in a difficult world.

Ginger-lyn
Old February 25th 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Winnie wrote:
[...]

And that prescription food is *expensive*

I didn't go for a full senior blood panel on Internet. If he has CRF,
then he has CRF and I have the fluids. Nothing else can be done about
it at this stage. And if he has cancer, again, there is nothing to be
done about it at his age. Hyperthyroidism just means he'll have to take
another pill, so I'm not too worried about that.

Internet is very old for a cat. And the best I can do is feed him good
food that he really likes, cuddle with him, hold him in my arms and tell
him how much I love him and how very special he is. At this age, he
gets anything he wants. :-)

Ginger-lyn