OT the Geeks won

Old March 2nd 09, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

Default OT the Geeks won

I start my new job tomorrow, for better or worse. It's doing dispatch
for the Geek Squad; many of you have seen the ads: the Brylcreemed
Geek in black flood pants, black tie and white shirt with a freaking
pocket protector driving around in a black-and-white Punchbuggy to do
emergency service calls. Meet your Geek, ladies and gents. Picture big
bad Lizzy in that uniform, and I'm not kidding. Right down to the
flood pants, and I'm not even a technician. The dress code is so
strict that the handbook warns of writeups if the pants touch the
shoes.

I don't want to do this, but in this job climate it's about the best I
can do. I face rude and belligerent customers whose assigned geek
didn't make it. I'm back onto a phone, welded to a handset. I have
been trying to get off a phone for years. Oh well. it pays the vet and
right now that's all I care about.

Wish me luck. And access to lots of valium and alcohol, potentially
together.

Blessed be,
Baha
Old March 2nd 09, 11:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

BfloPolska wrote:
[...]

Good luck purrs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old March 2nd 09, 12:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
BfloPolska wrote:
I start my new job tomorrow, for better or worse. It's doing dispatch
for the Geek Squad; many of you have seen the ads: the Brylcreemed
Geek in black flood pants, black tie and white shirt with a freaking
pocket protector driving around in a black-and-white Punchbuggy to do
emergency service calls. Meet your Geek, ladies and gents. Picture big
bad Lizzy in that uniform, and I'm not kidding. Right down to the
flood pants, and I'm not even a technician. The dress code is so
strict that the handbook warns of writeups if the pants touch the
shoes.

Sorry, but the giggle vision of this snicker, meaning you as a
"normal" person, wearing something like THIS snort has me about to pee
my pants runs to bathroom before it happens guffaw

I don't want to do this, but in this job climate it's about the best I
can do. I face rude and belligerent customers whose assigned geek
didn't make it. I'm back onto a phone, welded to a handset. I have
been trying to get off a phone for years. Oh well. it pays the vet and
right now that's all I care about.

Wish me luck. And access to lots of valium and alcohol, potentially
together.

Blessed be,
Baha

Good luck purrs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Piggybacking because my server "lost" the original...

her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde

Old March 2nd 09, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"BfloPolska" wrote in message
I start my new job tomorrow, for better or worse. It's doing dispatch
for the Geek Squad; many of you have seen the ads: the Brylcreemed
Geek in black flood pants, black tie and white shirt with a freaking
pocket protector driving around in a black-and-white Punchbuggy to do
emergency service calls. Meet your Geek, ladies and gents. Picture big
bad Lizzy in that uniform, and I'm not kidding. Right down to the
flood pants, and I'm not even a technician. The dress code is so
strict that the handbook warns of writeups if the pants touch the
shoes.

Blessed be,
Baha

But: What are flood plants? I'm picturing some sort of wide-bottom or
bell-bottom pants, but I have never heard the term. Sounds rather strange,
though.

MaryL

Old March 2nd 09, 02:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Spot[_2_]

Pants that are too short for your legs. This means you could walk through
flood water without getting your pants wet.

Celeste

--
Get 600 FREE 4X6 prints and 600 FREE 5x7 prints
sign up for Artscow

Save 25% or more on your eBay® auctions
Snipe eBay Auctions with Bidnip
http://www.bidnip.com/a.php?id=39019

. ..

Old March 2nd 09, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
BfloPolska wrote:
[...]

Yes! Big purrs on the way.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old March 2nd 09, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Mar 1, 6:47*pm, BfloPolska wrote:
[...]

Good luck, Baha. It's a job. Try to be positive, maybe it'll turn out
to be better
than you think. I hope so.

Sherry
Old March 2nd 09, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"BfloPolska" wrote in message

I start my new job tomorrow, for better or worse. It's doing dispatch
for the Geek Squad; many of you have seen the ads: the Brylcreemed
Geek in black flood pants, black tie and white shirt with a freaking
pocket protector driving around in a black-and-white Punchbuggy to do
emergency service calls. Meet your Geek, ladies and gents. Picture big
bad Lizzy in that uniform, and I'm not kidding. Right down to the
flood pants, and I'm not even a technician. The dress code is so
strict that the handbook warns of writeups if the pants touch the
shoes.

JPGs?????

I don't want to do this, but in this job climate it's about the best I
can do. I face rude and belligerent customers whose assigned geek
didn't make it. I'm back onto a phone, welded to a handset. I have
been trying to get off a phone for years. Oh well. it pays the vet and
right now that's all I care about.

In this climate, *any* job is a good job. Hope you can findsome small joy in
it.

Wish me luck. And access to lots of valium and alcohol, potentially
together.

I hope they recognise your brilliance early, and give you another position
where you can truly shine. In the mean time, just remember the furry little
faces you are doing this for :-)

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.