ANTS!

Old March 8th 09, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default ANTS!

DH killed a mesquito last night, I just didn't need to know that, Lee
"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 04:15:42 -0500, Stormmee wrote:

i feel as though entering my space by a bug is a request for assisted
suicide, they are fine as long as i can't hear or feel them, once they
are
close enough for either of these to take place it is imho a request for
help to the next life, Lee

My problem at the moment is flies - all sizes. Several of the cats try to
help exterminate them, mostly without success (the ones I swatt seem to
disappear rather quickly if they fall on the floor), but CJ caught and ate
a big one this morning.

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and
Technology)

Old March 8th 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Stormmee wrote:
we get them every year, we fight them with vinigar, and i keep the cat food
in a shallow pan of water so they can't get to the food, i will be very
interested if anyone has any suggestions, Lee, Who's DH saw the first ant on
Thursday
"MLB" wrote in message
For the last two weeks I have been waging a war with lots of itty bitty
ants. Does this mean it is Spring? So far, I have not one. I had them
last year but was able to find where they were coming in.. This year I
cannot find any access. I vacuum them with my new, powerful hand vac. I
have a half dozen ant baits. I've used clorox to wash the floors but the
little things just keep creeping in. TuTu will watch them with interest
for a short time then moves on. These condos are one level with a crawl
space below. This building is an 8-plex. Any ideas will be appreciated.
MLB

Sunday, March 8, 4:34 pm.
So far today I have not seen any ants. I followed Tweed's suggestion of
using talc. The one I used is Gold Bond medicated foot powder, which
has been in my bathroom cupboard for about 15 years. I also placed the
food dish in a water moat, following Mary L's suggestion. The night
before I had put down cinnamon which attracted many, many ants and I
vacuumed them up. So, I think it was a combination of things that made
them disappear today. I'll be watching with interest in the future to
see if they return. Just in case, I had my son buy some more ant bait.
If they show up again, I'll try the vinegar.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I hope no one else has to go through an
invasion of ants. MLB

Ants!! Jane Cat anecdotes 23 April 18th 07 09:59 PM
Keeping ants at bay Paul O. Cat health & behaviour 6 October 14th 04 02:58 PM
Kittens and ants. Edward Kelley Cat health & behaviour 20 September 9th 04 10:47 PM
Ants, ants, ants and more ants Me Cat community 10 October 18th 03 07:43 AM
big black ants Stacey Cat anecdotes 9 August 12th 03 02:31 AM