Why does Meowmie torture me??

Old March 18th 09, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

Default Why does Meowmie torture me??

I don't know WHAT has gotten into Meowmie, but she seems to be bent on
torturing me every other day.

I'll just be curled up for my 12th nap or demanding my nightly
snuggles and suddenly she'll grab my head and tilt it upwards to look
at my chin. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH MY CHIN!!!

Sure it itches a little, but Meowmie seems to be fascinated by it.
She carries me into the bathroom and WASHES my chin. What? Does she
think I cannot clean my own chin?? Then she rubs this gooey ointment
on it. GROSS!! I moan to be let out of the bathroom and when I do I
have to spend several minutes re-washing myself. ICK!!

What is wrong with my Meowmie and why does she do this to me?

Mayhem

********

The acne is still there but comes and goes. Keeping it clean seems to
be the best as because the Benzyl peroxide seems to irritate her skin
further....

But she has the tendency to scratch open the big ones by her lip, so
therefore it needs cleaning and antibiotic ointment.

She totally hates it, but doesn't fight me. Just when I have to let
go and either get a q-tip or open the ointment is when she'll bolt to
the bathroom door and let out this oh-so-pitiful yowl. *sigh*

The vet clinic I was working at before my car accident has informed me
my position is no longer available, and though I've been deemed
healthy to return to work, I am now unemployed. So if I want to take
her anywhere for the stuff I used to have access to, I have to pay
full price.

Which I CANNOT do right now. urgh..

Purrs that her acne will get better. I keep telling her to heal up or
I'll have to take her to TED and have a lampshade put on her. She
totally RUNS when I tell her that.

Kristi
Old March 19th 09, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Mischief"
[...]

This is so NOT fair Kristi
I'd sue the clinic...if you have a Dr's okay that you are healed up enough
to work they had no right to give your job to someone else:/
Tell them the least they can do is give you a large supply of the stuff and
you will be talking to your attorney. Uncaring idiots.

Mayhem, be nice to your Meowmie right now, no fussing when she looks at your
chin. She is trying to make you feel better. Stop scratching it!
Be a good kitty.
Puuuuuuuuuuurs for it to heal and purrs for Kristie too
Mosey and Kyla

Old March 19th 09, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

"Mischief"
[...]

I know it makes it a little harder to catch the cat, since they can
smell it coming, but I'd always have enough of the ointment on my
finger (or a q-tip) before I caught the cat. Once you catch them, it
easier it letting go is not an option until you are done. Just lay
out the warm wet washcloth and the Q-tip with ointment before you go
after her.

Poor Molly, I had to treat her for chin acne as soon as we got her.
It was too bad to let it go while she had time to get used to us.
Luckily she seemed to learn the treatment wasn't awful.

Jo

Old March 19th 09, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

This is so NOT fair Kristi
*I'd sue the clinic...if you have a Dr's okay that you are healed up enough
to work they had no right to give your job to someone else:/
Tell them the least they can do is give you a large supply of the stuff and
you will be talking to your attorney. *Uncaring idiots.

Yeah it royally sucks....

I asked for them to put it in writing. I was never an 'official'
employee, i was sent there by a veterinary staffing agency, but the
clinic paid ME directly.

I got a letter last week saying that since i was a temporary employee,
they had to fill the position since they are a business.

also they claim that I never kept them update past November of my
condition. Um, I mailed them medical forms stating that I was unable
to work and I even have copies of the letters I mailed along with
them. So saying that I didn't keep them informed is total BS.

I'm saving up all my money so I can pay rent at the end of the month,
so at this time to sue is not an option.

I've been trying to call the unemployment office for the last two
weeks to talk to someone and haven't gotten through.

Fortunately, both of the two drivers that totaled my car and put a
piece of shrapnel in my leg were drunk. So the driver of the car that
put the shrapnel in my leg (the second) got charged with a felony.
Judge gave her 5 years of formal probation and ordered her to pay me
restitution. I submitted all my bills and lost wages and I drive to
court on Friday to see how much the judge will award me. I'm waiting
to hear from the insurance company as well.

Of course...i've never had this before and have been told that even if
award restitution, there's no guarantee I'll see money anytime
soon.

Meanwhile the first driver didn't HAVE insurance, so depending on what
I can get from the uninsured driver's part of my insurance will depend
whether I sue this driver too, if I have the money.

Anyone know how to check if a person has any assets?

Old March 19th 09, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Mar 18, 7:51*pm, "Jofirey" wrote:
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

"Mischief"
[...]

Thanks for advice, but Mayhem is the kind of kitty that will run if
you even walk towards her. You gotta catch her in the middle of a nap
or when she comes to you.

But I'll lay out the stuff ahead of time and hopefully she won't see
me and we shall see if that works

Old March 19th 09, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

From Tucker and Oreo:
Our Meowmie has done this before to us, too! Hope your Meowmie gets over
whatever it is that makes her want to do this - in the meantime, Mayhem,
hang in there - remember, Meowmies also give us yummy food.
P.S. Humans are sooo weird!

Old March 19th 09, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

"Mischief" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know about this Kristi, but my kitties are sending purrs for you and
Mayhem -thinking of you.
Christine

Old March 19th 09, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Mischief"
I don't know WHAT has gotten into Meowmie, but she seems to be bent on
torturing me every other day.

Because she loves you, silly. :P

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh
Old March 20th 09, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Kristi, I sure hope this all works out for you. What a position to be in,
none of it of your making. Will be annxious to hear what the judge says and
hope that you get a job that you love and pays you LOTS of money!
Charleen

Old March 21st 09, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Mischief wrote:
snip
The vet clinic I was working at before my car accident has informed me
my position is no longer available, and though I've been deemed
healthy to return to work, I am now unemployed. So if I want to take
her anywhere for the stuff I used to have access to, I have to pay
full price.

Which I CANNOT do right now. urgh..

Purrs that her acne will get better. I keep telling her to heal up or
I'll have to take her to TED and have a lampshade put on her. She
totally RUNS when I tell her that.

Kristi

Lots of best wishes for you to find a great job, Kristi, and healing
purrs for Mischief,
Polonca and Soncek