OT Never do this!

Old July 9th 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default OT Never do this!

Do not pull on an extension cord to unplug it from a distance. I did it
today with a heavy-duty outdoor cord, from about ten feet away, and the
thing snapped back and smacked me right between the eyes (nearly breaking my
nose, from the feel of it).

Old July 9th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
Do not pull on an extension cord to unplug it from a distance. I did it
today with a heavy-duty outdoor cord, from about ten feet away, and the
thing snapped back and smacked me right between the eyes (nearly breaking
my
nose, from the feel of it).

OUCH

Healing purrs and a good strong whiskey shot being sent your way for the
pain

Old July 9th 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Normin

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
Do not pull on an extension cord to unplug it from a distance.
I did it
today with a heavy-duty outdoor cord, from about ten feet away,
and the
thing snapped back and smacked me right between the eyes
(nearly breaking my
nose, from the feel of it).

I've seen cords come apart pulling them like that, too... very
nervous making to try to unplug the plug part of a wire from a
live outlet with bare broken wires sticking out of it!

Old July 9th 07, 06:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Pat" wrote:
Do not pull on an extension cord to unplug it from a distance. I did it
today with a heavy-duty outdoor cord, from about ten feet away, and the
thing snapped back and smacked me right between the eyes (nearly breaking my
nose, from the feel of it).

Ow! Pat, you have to stop finding all these different ways of
injuring yourself. I hope you're not too hurt.

Old July 9th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 8, 9:35 pm, "Pat" wrote:
Do not pull on an extension cord to unplug it from a distance. I did it
today with a heavy-duty outdoor cord, from about ten feet away, and the
thing snapped back and smacked me right between the eyes (nearly breaking my
nose, from the feel of it).

Oooo. Cord-yanking is DH's pet peeve. Probably every electrician's pet
peeve. :-)
I bet that *did* nearly make you see stars. That's a very sensitive
area of the face.

Sherry

Old July 9th 07, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Pat wrote:

Do not pull on an extension cord to unplug it from a distance. I did it
today with a heavy-duty outdoor cord, from about ten feet away, and the
thing snapped back and smacked me right between the eyes (nearly breaking my
nose, from the feel of it).

You could have had a nasty electric shock, too! (Aside from
possible damage to the cord, causing it to short out, next
time you used it.)
Old July 9th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
Do not pull on an extension cord to unplug it from a distance. I did it
today with a heavy-duty outdoor cord, from about ten feet away, and the
thing snapped back and smacked me right between the eyes (nearly breaking
my
nose, from the feel of it).

OUCH! Another lesson learned, I guess.
We women who live alone need to learn to be more careful. I fell off a high
stool at the weekend trying to change a light bulb.
I know I take too many risks, I am impatient to get things done and I am too
proud to ask for help.

Tweed

Old July 9th 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Christina Websell" wrote

| "Pat" wrote
| Do not pull on an extension cord to unplug it from a distance. I did it
| today with a heavy-duty outdoor cord, from about ten feet away, and the
| thing snapped back and smacked me right between the eyes (nearly
breaking
| my nose, from the feel of it).
|

| OUCH! Another lesson learned, I guess.
| We women who live alone need to learn to be more careful. I fell off
| a high stool at the weekend trying to change a light bulb. I know I
| take too many risks, I am impatient to get things done and I am
| too proud to ask for help.

I'm not too proud, I just don't know anyone I can ask for help!

Been a klutz all my life. Broke my nose 7 times as a child, once with each
of the following items: golf ball, superball, baseball, softball, football,
basketball, frisbee. Also broke collarbone skateboarding when I flew right
into a utility pole.

Old July 9th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Do not pull on an extension cord to unplug it from a distance. I did
it today with a heavy-duty outdoor cord, from about ten feet away,
and the thing snapped back and smacked me right between the eyes
(nearly breaking my nose, from the feel of it).

Some guy got himself a Darwin Award for the same physics with a bit
more energy - tried to bungee jump *upwards* by anchoring his feet
and attaching his bungee cord to a crane hook. The crane pulled
upwards, when the tension got as high as possible he let go the foot
anchor... the crane block was several hundred pounds of solid steel.

Old July 9th 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Pat" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote

| "Pat" wrote
| Do not pull on an extension cord to unplug it from a distance. I did
it
| today with a heavy-duty outdoor cord, from about ten feet away, and
the
| thing snapped back and smacked me right between the eyes (nearly
breaking
| my nose, from the feel of it).
|

| OUCH! Another lesson learned, I guess.
| We women who live alone need to learn to be more careful. I fell off
| a high stool at the weekend trying to change a light bulb. I know I
| take too many risks, I am impatient to get things done and I am
| too proud to ask for help.

I'm not too proud, I just don't know anyone I can ask for help!

If I am absolutely desperate I ask my neighbours. We get on well and I am
sure they wouldn't mind if I asked for help more often. My pride gets in
the way.

Have you developed a relationship with any of your neighbours? You need to.
In the absence of family, a woman on her own needs neighbours.

I am having an awful time at the moment with a new neighbour who is
bulldozing the house next door and taking the P about the boundaries and has
destroyed all my plants in the my flower border, some of which had real
sentimental value. My neighbour marched round, said "I hope you are not
thinking of thinking of moving in here, we are a very close community and we
could make it very difficult for you."
What love that shows.

Tweed