No worries

Old July 18th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default No worries

Another self-justification, rejecting all the advice YOU
requested! Yowie is right! (P-L-O-N-K!)

Pat wrote:

I'd like to make this post "read only" but since I can't, I'm asking you all
to just skip the hateful claims and projections insisting that I posted
about the bite here because I'm "seeking attention", and the authoritative
"It wasn't a brown recluse, end of story" retorts from people who were not
there at the time (and that's ALL of you), as well as the fearmongering
"You'll be sorry when your leg falls off a month from now, I told you so"
warnings.

First of all, I made a positive ID of the spider BEFORE the bite occurred,
as well as after. And I do know how to identify the brown recluse. They are
quite common around here - I'm sure there are many thousands of them in my
shed, which I had been cleaning. I observed it off and on it in the empty
plastic pool that I was on hands and knees scrubbing out. It was trying to
escape. I had been avoiding it but didn't bother removing it, nor did I make
the mental connection between "brown recluse" and "grave danger" until the
damage was done.

I suppose that's because I lack the fear of dangerous animals that most
other people have. I remember driving through Yellowstone National Park in
late October of 1971 and seeing buffalo grazing in a field near the road. I
parked on the shoulder, grabbed my little camera, walked down the 6' slope
and approached to take a closeup shot of one of the beasts, with nary a
thought of any possible consequences. Only as I was focusing the lens did I
realize that I was in deep trouble, as the buffalo started snorting and
pawing the ground. Then I walked slowly backward to the slope and did a 6'
leap up to the car before realizing that non-athletic people aren't supposed
to be able to leap that high.

But back to the spider bite... From The New England Journal of Medicine
article "Bites of brown recluse spiders and suspected necrotic arachnidism"
published February 15, 2005: "In almost all cases, bites are self-limited
and typically heal without any medical intervention." This should be more
than enough to set minds at ease. It did for me, at least.

Although I appreciate the concern, I am a bit dismayed that almost no one
seems to appreciate the fact that I have managed to survive for 54+ years
despite being very accident-prone and having had cancer twice. This alone
ought to indicate that my judgment is not entirely defective.

One final point: Yes, I am a space cadet. I freely admit that. In a moment
of half-baked panic after the bite started to itch, I forgot where I found
the recluse remedy information that I once upon a time posted in this group
would remember, and that's all there is to it.

You can also blame my being spaced out for the fact that I also forgot how
unwise it is to post about a potentially controversial health-related
situation in a group with so many experts in medicine and psychology. But
now I've learned that lesson forever. Rest assured, it will never happen
again.

Old July 18th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Christina Websell wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Pat wrote:
Folks, it's past time for me to "quit" this ng. In the past I had
the energy to stay in spite of the hostility of people like JM, but
that's no longer true. If I happen to outlive her, and if the
internet as we know it still exists at that time, and if I still own
a computer, I may return, because cats will always be a big part of
my life. Meanwhile, I've got many of you in my address book and vice
versa, and we can continue communicating privately. I'll always
welcome that.

I'm JM and if you're too wimpy to accuse me outright, let me set the
record
straight. There wouldn't have been any hostility between us if when
you said you were visiting a friend in Memphis you didn't DEMAND a
particular Vietnamese restaurant even though I said hate Vietnamese
food. I offered plenty of alternatives but no, it had to be this
Vietnamese restaurant. So
I made excuses about not being available. Why? Because I'm not
going to kowtow to your choice of restaurant when I made it clear I
would rather meet
someplace else. You're pretty dense, Pat.

Then you emailed me and asked me to buy the house next door to
yours. I told you I didn't have a job and couldn't move; you didn't
seem to think that was a problem and OH! I'd be closer to John!
Sorry but yeah, it's a problem. I can't move if I don't have any
money. And it's a problem I was
willing to tackle. I don't get SSDI. Now look at you, begging for
people to buy your video tapes to help pay bills.

Speaking of problems, you seem to be having lots of them. I really
didn't like your situation with the trailer and Gloria but buying a
house didn't solve your problems, did it? Why didn't you just rent
a house away from her? Sheesh, I'm done with ya'. Don't let the
door hit you on the way out.
Purrs for your cats... at least you take care of them if not
yourself.

This post is out of order, Jill. Especially this bit:
"Now look at you, begging for people
to buy your video tapes to help pay bills."

I'm surprised at you. Disappointed, too.

Tweed

Sorry but I didn't say anything others haven't already said. She does post
all the time about asking people to buy her video tapes. You can't deny
that. She ignores all suggestions that might help her out. And I wasn't
joking about her suggesting I buy the house next door and move to
Missouri... like I want to get myself into a similar money losing
proposition just to be closer to John. We do just fine as we are, thanks
but no thanks.

I'd have rented a house to get away from that trailer situation with Gloria,
not become a home-owner with all the debt and upkeep that entails. Sorry if
you're disappointed in me but it's the facts, ma'am. And no, I don't want
to see my neighbor gardening in the nude. There are some things I'd just
rather not see and that includes my neighbors' naked bodies.

Jill

Old July 18th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"jmcquown" wrote

| I'm JM and if you're too wimpy to accuse me outright, let me set the
record
| straight. There wouldn't have been any hostility between us if when you
| said you were visiting a friend in Memphis you didn't DEMAND a particular
| Vietnamese restaurant even though I said hate Vietnamese food. I offered
| plenty of alternatives but no, it had to be this Vietnamese restaurant.
So
| I made excuses about not being available. Why? Because I'm not going to
| kowtow to your choice of restaurant when I made it clear I would rather
meet
| someplace else. You're pretty dense, Pat.

I may be dense, but I'm not a liar. I addressed your completely fabricated
lunch story in the "Apologies to the group, especially Pat" thread:

"I invited Jill to lunch and asked her to choose a restaurant. She asked me
what kind of food I like. I told her I love all oriental and east Indian
food. She said so does she. And she asked me to pick a favorite place. I
did. She agreed to meet me, then didn't show up. She never said a word about
not liking the specific restaurant, the food they served, or anything else.
She just simply didn't show up."

| Then you emailed me and asked me to buy the house next door to yours. I
| told you I didn't have a job and couldn't move; you didn't seem to think
| that was a problem and OH! I'd be closer to John! Sorry but yeah, it's a
| problem. I can't move if I don't have any money.

I emailed you because you had posted about having trouble paying your rent
and worried about being evicted. I wrote and told you that for less than
half of the amount you toss away on rent each month, you could be buying
your own home, closer to John and right next door to another cat lover. You
then proceeded, in private email, to do exactly what you and other have
accused me of doing.

| Speaking of problems, you seem to be having lots of them. I really didn't
| like your situation with the trailer and Gloria but buying a house didn't
| solve your problems, did it? Why didn't you just rent a house away from
| her?

Because (1) you can't rent a house when you have 7 cats and (2) you can't
rent so much as a tiny apartment around here for less than the payments on a
mortgage on a place with two or three times the amount of space.

| Sheesh, I'm done with ya'. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
| Purrs for your cats... at least you take care of them if not yourself.

Make no mistake, I *did* accuse you outright. Nothing wimpy there. Everyone
knows who JM is and that you're the single most hostile, hateful person in
this newsgroup when it comes to me. You even stoop to making up lies about
me and trying to make it look like I had some kind of vested interest in you
buying a house in Ava, when in fact was bending over backward trying to be
helpful to you.

So here it is, for the record (and this is the LAST post I am going to make
here):

YOU Ms. JM are the snooty lying ungrateful back-stabbing white trash bitch
in whose honor I will no longer be posting in RPCA.

Old July 18th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote

| Another self-justification, rejecting all the advice YOU
| requested! Yowie is right! (P-L-O-N-K!)

No need to plonk me, I'm outta here. You're Reason #2. I asked for no
advice. I bet you're either married to Sean Hannity, or actually *are* Sean
Hannity, or else Sean Hannity's biggest fan - the same Sean Hannity who is
allergic to facts.

Old July 18th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Pat" wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote
| Sheesh, I'm done with ya'. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
| Purrs for your cats... at least you take care of them if not yourself.

So here it is, for the record (and this is the LAST post I am going to make
here):

I don't blame either of you, as I realize it is what it is, and I am
fond of both Jill and Pat, and their cute stories about cats, and
occasionally other animals such as lovebirds, skunks, or spiders.

The root issue, Pat, more than the facts of the incident, is simply
that you and Jill have different personalities. Jill has a heedful,
cautious approach to things, while you face potential peril (sometimes
too) intrepidly. If you rush to counsel her into some action suitable
from your point of view, that is naturally going to be threatening.

Maybe I shouldn't be saying this, but what I'm trying to say is that
I've never detected any malice between Pat, Jill, Lori, or anyone else
involved with these threads, just different perspectives. And that's
no reason to have to leave the group.

Old July 18th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"Pat" wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote
| Sheesh, I'm done with ya'. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
| Purrs for your cats... at least you take care of them if not yourself.

So here it is, for the record (and this is the LAST post I am going to
make
here):

I don't blame either of you, as I realize it is what it is, and I am
fond of both Jill and Pat, and their cute stories about cats, and
occasionally other animals such as lovebirds, skunks, or spiders.

The root issue, Pat, more than the facts of the incident, is simply
that you and Jill have different personalities. Jill has a heedful,
cautious approach to things, while you face potential peril (sometimes
too) intrepidly. If you rush to counsel her into some action suitable
from your point of view, that is naturally going to be threatening.

Maybe I shouldn't be saying this, but what I'm trying to say is that
I've never detected any malice between Pat, Jill, Lori, or anyone else
involved with these threads, just different perspectives. And that's
no reason to have to leave the group.

Thank you , Tak, you're always the voice of sanity around here. Sometimes
things get taken wrong (the perils of electronic communications that can't
reflect nuance of voice tone or body language), and sometimes things get out
of hand and somebody gets hurt.

I really *don't* have any animosity towards Pat, I just get frustrated. And
I just get frustrated because I care. If I didn't care I wouldn't even
bother replying. Who said, "The opposite of love isn't hate, the opposite
of love is apathy.)?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 18th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

This post is out of order, Jill. Especially this bit:
"Now look at you, begging for people
to buy your video tapes to help pay bills."

I'm surprised at you. Disappointed, too.

Tweed

Sorry but I didn't say anything others haven't already said. She does
post
all the time about asking people to buy her video tapes. You can't deny
that.

No, I don't deny that, Pat does that because she needs to raise money to
live on any way she can. You have a fallback, she doesn't.

She ignores all suggestions that might help her out.

Yes, I agree.

Sorry if
you're disappointed in me but it's the facts, ma'am.

I am disappointed in you only because I think you sunk into personal attack
on another member of the newsgroup. Now, don't get me wrong, I am always up
for a robust discussion, which might get heated. It's possible to do this
without any offence. I hope I will never call anyone "dense" during the
course of it.

And no, I don't want
to see my neighbor gardening in the nude. There are some things I'd just
rather not see and that includes my neighbors' naked bodies.

And I don't want to see you fighting like this with Pat, either, on the ng.
Either pack it in or take it to email. I've had enough of "Jill says this
about Pat or Pat says this about Jill."
For goodness sake, let it go you two.

Tweed

Old July 19th 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Christina Websell wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

This post is out of order, Jill. Especially this bit:
"Now look at you, begging for people
to buy your video tapes to help pay bills."

I'm surprised at you. Disappointed, too.

Tweed

Sorry but I didn't say anything others haven't already said. She
does post
all the time about asking people to buy her video tapes. You can't
deny that.

No, I don't deny that, Pat does that because she needs to raise money
to live on any way she can. You have a fallback, she doesn't.

I have a fallback?! I'm eating into my IRA (which costs me tax penalties)
because my parents cant't help me anymore. So what happens when I get
sick/ill? I don't get government assistance! She does! Fer cryin' out
loud.

Old July 19th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Pat wrote:

I'm sure there are many thousands of
them (brown recluse) in my shed,
which I had been cleaning. I observed
it off and on it in the empty plastic pool
that I was on hands and knees
scrubbing out.

If I had EVEN ONE in my shed I would get a "bomb" and totally fumigate
the whole area.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old July 19th 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:15:03 -0400, ---MIKE--- wrote:

Pat wrote:

I'm sure there are many thousands of
them (brown recluse) in my shed,
which I had been cleaning. I observed it off and on it in the empty
plastic pool that I was on hands and knees
scrubbing out.

If I had EVEN ONE in my shed I would get a "bomb" and totally fumigate the
whole area.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

If there were that many (or even half that many) it would be wise to
contact the county -- Health Department -- for assistance. MLB