More info. on my neighbor's little dogs - UPDATE

Old October 18th 10, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default More info. on my neighbor's little dogs - UPDATE

The two little dogs have been adopted. My neighbor was originally supposed
to go into a mental health facility (which I honestly think would have been
best for her). Investigating officers and her own doctor had started the
paperwork for involuntary commitment, but she convinced the psychiatrist who
would have signed off on the process that her sister could help her. She is
supposed to stay with her sister for several months. However, they have
never gotten along, and they are already having problems (after less than 2
days). So, I am very dubious about that situation. They left for her
sister's home (500 miles away) this morning, but I do not have much hope
that this will work.

However: My neighbor did agree to give up the little dogs for adoption. I
found a form online for transfer of pet ownership, and she signed that. She
did not have a carrier for them, so I borrowed one from another neighbor
and delivered the two little dogs today. Yay!!

MaryL

Old October 18th 10, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

MaryL wrote:

[...]

Congratulations on your hard work. I am glad your efforts were
successful. We shall send purrs that the doggies will adjust to their
new home and purr also that you will no longer have to bear your
neighbor's problem. Best wishes. MLB
Old October 18th 10, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pat Chlebowski

Thank you for all your hard work in getting those poor little things a
good home....

Old October 18th 10, 05:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

MaryL wrote:

[...]

Good job! I like a happy ending - well, for the dogs, anyway. It doesn't
sound like things bode well for your former neighbor. I hope it works out
OK for her.

Joyce

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.
Old October 18th 10, 01:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Thank God, I am not really up for a road trip to Texas but it was looking
better all the time. Unpack Lee, all is well.

Old October 18th 10, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

never fear there will be another animal out there that requires a road trip
for you to get it, Lee