How affectionate is your cat?

Old March 24th 04, 06:06 AM
Tim May

In article , Matt
wrote:

"i have one who rarely shows affection, other than wanting to always
be
around when we're there but not wanting to be touched. but every once
in a
while (maybe once a month) he will jump on my lap and purr his little
brains
out and push his head into my hand. those moments are worth the wait,
to be
honest."

Mine does that each and every night. I know he loves me but why the
heck does he have to always show it when I am sleeping - He wakes me
up at least once and sometimes up to 5 times a night. I usually wake
up, he sits on my chest and purrs like a diesel engine. If I don't
wake up from that he'll headbutt me until I do. In my cats case a
little less affection or alternatively daytime affection would be
appreciated.

My current cat is 13, and he somehow knows when I am asleep. If I am
awake, if my eyes are open, he will approach my head area and purr. But
if I'm asleep, he somehow knows this and will not. (I know this because
he _used_ to, and thus wake me up. I don't think this observation is
because I'm just unaware of it, as I've been a light sleeper for all
the years I can remember).

--Tim May
Old March 24th 04, 06:17 AM
Sandy

Light nips or bites from a cat can be a sign of affection. I had a little
female cat named Jennifer who gave the lightest little nips of affection
when she was being petted. I so enjoyed experiencing that aspect of cat
behavior, and she was so gentle about it, that I chose not to train her out
of it -- I just made sure to mention it to visitors. I don't necessarily
recommend that to others, but it worked for us. I got to enjoy getting
those little nips from her for almost 17 years. I'll have to scan a picture
of her to post sometime -- she was a beautiful cat.

Sandy
--
Do the math to reply.

"Kit" wrote in message
. ..
Ours is 8 month's old now and he tends to take a little nip at my hands

when
I pick him up.I hope he stop's this any ideas ?
Kit

Old April 9th 04, 03:27 AM
Gray asphalt

"Ablang" wrote in message
: How affectionate is your cat? Please give examples.
:
: Mine will be 2 next month (have had her since August). Mine used to be a
: little bit. She used to wanna sit on my lap during TV time and sleep with
: me (both during winter time of Dec-Jan). It's been a few weeks now since
: she's done either very often. I now get that about once every 2 weeks.
:
: Does anyone know any tips or tricks for restoring that affection that was
: once there? Or what was your experience with that?
:
: --
: Hilary Duff turns 18 in this amount of time:
:
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...&month=09&year
: =2005&hour=00&m
:
: "We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of
those
: we don't like?" -- Jean Cocteau

Don't push it. Be receptive when the opportunity arises.
Find out what you cat likes. Some like to be patted, others
rubbed. I've had good luck with one cat who wouldn't have
anything to do with me by petting him by moving the skin
on his back rather than petting the fur. This works well on
long hairs. For some reason they get static electricity or
something when you pet them gently. At least that is my
experience. Reach out with you finger to let them touch
your finger with their nose. It's hard to resist. Lie down
next to them when they are asleep. Talk baby talk. Bribe
them. Get a stick with a string attached.