A breakthrough for Billy

Old July 8th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default A breakthrough for Billy

I was swabbing out Abelard's ears a while ago when Billy got up on the sofa
next to us to watch. As soon as Abelard was finished, Billy pushed his way
in and *asked* me to swab out his ears (which didn't need to be swabbed at
all) just for the *pleasure* of it.

But this was just the beginning of Billy's amazing breakthrough. After
"cleaning" the insides of his ears, I decided that since he was calm, it
might be a good time to attempt to snip his claws.

Now, normally when I try to clip Billy's claws, I can count on a major
battle that can make it take a full hour to clip all ten front claws. Not
this time; it was almost like Billy had been shot with a tranquilizer
gun.... he let me clip, clip, clip, clip, one after the other with NO
objections of any kind!

I feel like Billy and I both deserve some special reward today.

Old July 9th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 17:49:01 -0500, "Pat"
yodeled:

I was swabbing out Abelard's ears a while ago when Billy got up on the sofa
next to us to watch. As soon as Abelard was finished, Billy pushed his way
in and *asked* me to swab out his ears (which didn't need to be swabbed at
all) just for the *pleasure* of it.

But this was just the beginning of Billy's amazing breakthrough. After
"cleaning" the insides of his ears, I decided that since he was calm, it
might be a good time to attempt to snip his claws.

Now, normally when I try to clip Billy's claws, I can count on a major
battle that can make it take a full hour to clip all ten front claws. Not
this time; it was almost like Billy had been shot with a tranquilizer
gun.... he let me clip, clip, clip, clip, one after the other with NO
objections of any kind!

I feel like Billy and I both deserve some special reward today.

Go Billy! Well done.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old July 9th 07, 06:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Pat" wrote:
Now, normally when I try to clip Billy's claws, I can count on a major
battle that can make it take a full hour to clip all ten front claws. Not
this time; it was almost like Billy had been shot with a tranquilizer
gun.... he let me clip, clip, clip, clip, one after the other with NO
objections of any kind!

I feel like Billy and I both deserve some special reward today.

Those tufty toes must be an extra challenge to clip! I'm looking
forward to being able to efficiently clip Dot and Buster. They're
both lap cats, so it should be possible once they're both fully
integrated and relaxed. It's especially important to be able to clip
Buster, since he's a poly.

Old July 12th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 17:49:01 -0500, Pat wrote:

I was swabbing out Abelard's ears a while ago when Billy got up on the
sofa next to us to watch. As soon as Abelard was finished, Billy pushed
his way in and *asked* me to swab out his ears (which didn't need to be
swabbed at all) just for the *pleasure* of it.

But this was just the beginning of Billy's amazing breakthrough. After
"cleaning" the insides of his ears, I decided that since he was calm, it
might be a good time to attempt to snip his claws.

Now, normally when I try to clip Billy's claws, I can count on a major
battle that can make it take a full hour to clip all ten front claws. Not
this time; it was almost like Billy had been shot with a tranquilizer
gun.... he let me clip, clip, clip, clip, one after the other with NO
objections of any kind!

I feel like Billy and I both deserve some special reward today.

+++++++++++++++
When you figure out how this happened, please let us know.
I have NEVER been able to even get the nail clippers near TuTu.MLB

Old July 12th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cantate

Wow, I am really impressed. Only time Emma ever got her claws clipped
was when she was at TED, and I think the others have followed her bad
example.

Cantate

Old July 12th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"mlbriggs" wrote

| he let me clip, clip, clip, clip, one after the other with NO
| objections of any kind!

| When you figure out how this happened, please let us know.
| I have NEVER been able to even get the nail clippers near TuTu.

I might never figure this one out. I've never had a problem clipping
anyone's claws in the past except for Billy, who was just about impossible
to clip.

BREAKTHROUGH! kilikini Cat anecdotes 38 January 12th 06 10:01 AM
A Breakthrough for Spotty Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 4 July 10th 05 03:48 AM
A breakthrough! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 3 June 10th 05 08:01 AM
A breakthrough! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 8 May 21st 05 06:46 PM
Big breakthrough John Biltz Cat anecdotes 3 August 18th 03 01:41 AM