Fabulous Furballs v. dog

Old May 8th 06, 11:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Fabulous Furballs v. dog

Hi all

Saturday afternoon about 5.20 I was walking back from the shops, all
that was on my mind was takeaway, Dr Who and a book I wanted to finish
when...I saw a lovely gold cocker spaniel running wild on a busy road
with no collar....What could I do?

It took 4 people to lure him into the hallway of my flat- in the end we
used a Jack Russell bitch as a "honey trap". Seemed friendly enough,
good condition, neutered but no ID so I then learnt a basic fact...If
you see a stray animal at weekends in London- DON'T take them in. The
council don't have animal wardens at weekends, the RSPCA say it's the
council's job (My devious neice suggested telling them the dog was
limping when found but I worried I might be keeping them from a
genuinely sick or injured animal), Battersea don't come out for one
dog, the police will take the dog in but can't come and collect him.

By this point I've had to go to the loo and dog has followed me in. Two
horrified felines stared out of the bedroom door. I quickly shut them
in and returned to the thankless task of trying to sort things out.
Finally I thought I must have something to improvise into a lead so I
can take the dog to the police. So I made the mistake of opening the
bedroom door.....

Of course having been locked in the bedroom for an hour or so, the
Furballs first considerations were litter tray and food (And the Dog
had eaten some of their IAMS- you can guess how much this incident has
cost me in ham (apart from anything else) to apologise)

Needs attended to they decided to approach the dog....I don't think
they've ever seen a dog before as none of my friends have dogs . I had
the dog on the improvised leash (a thick scarf).

Dunzi decided discretion is the better part of valour and stayed in the
doorway

Not so Sarrasine..in she comes, slowly. She gets to about 6 or so feet
from the dog and stops, she stares at him wide eyed and slightly
fluffed up and the dog stares at her

For about 5 minutes neither side breaks stares then Sarrasine plainly
decides she's made her position clear and starts to wash herself.

Dog growls at her...

She flashed dog a look that said "I am tolerating you because Meowmie
says you will be gone soon. But HOW DARE YOU INTERRUPT ME AT MY
TOILETTE!"

Dog is cowered down and whining in a second...

Cats 1. Dog 0 I should have known

(Did get dog to police for the night. Next morning road is covered with
posters for missing dog (His name is Scott) when I called the number
on the poster, his owner had been putting up posters when someone in
the cab office remembered me taking him to Limehouse police station so
she went down and retrieved him. She's just moved into the flats down
the side of us and she had him locked in a room even had a sign on the
door asking people not to open it but apparently someone can't read. So
it's a happy ending)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous (and overdosed on ham) Furballs

Old May 8th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lesley wrote:
[...]

I'm so glad there was a happy ending, you did good. I wonder if the dog was
microchipped.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old May 8th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lesley wrote:
Hi all

(snip funny story)
Cats 1. Dog 0 I should have known

(Did get dog to police for the night. Next morning road is covered
with posters for missing dog (His name is Scott) when I called the
number on the poster, his owner had been putting up posters when
someone in the cab office remembered me taking him to Limehouse
police station so she went down and retrieved him. She's just moved
into the flats down the side of us and she had him locked in a room
even had a sign on the door asking people not to open it but
apparently someone can't read. So it's a happy ending)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous (and overdosed on ham) Furballs

I'm very happy there was a happy ending here. And it just proves, even if
he's to be an indoor dog (rather large dog for that), he needed a collar and
tag. Even Persia, being an indoor cat, has a collar and a tag with her
name, my name and number and the fact she's microchipped on it.

Old May 8th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

needed a collar and
tag. Even Persia, being an indoor cat, has a collar and a tag with her
name, my name and number and the fact she's microchipped on it.

I did point out to her that a collar and tag would have saved a lot of
trouble (and grief on her part she admitted that she didn't sleep at
all Saturday because she was so worried) since I would have grabbed him
and taken him round to her and she said he normally wore a tagged
collar but not in the house but she'll think about it especially when
she's only just moved in and if he gets out he can get lost

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old May 8th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 08 May 2006 03:02:20 -0700, Lesley wrote:

[...]

Thanks to you for the happy ending! MLB

Old May 11th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lesley wrote:

Hi all

Saturday afternoon about 5.20 I was walking back from the shops, all
that was on my mind was takeaway, Dr Who and a book I wanted to finish
when...I saw a lovely gold cocker spaniel running wild on a busy road
with no collar....What could I do?

snip
[...]

Thank you for taking such good care of the d*ggie. And I'm glad your
kitties showed him who is the boss!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek