The latest on Lindy

Old November 15th 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default The latest on Lindy - November 13

Thank you, Matthew.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
Sending purrs and prayers For all you Joy

"Joy" wrote in message
Thank you, Steve.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo
Dworken

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
((((((((((joy and Lindy)))))))))))

Sorry that the test results weren't good. Purrs continue for you and
Lindy that she will live out her days in as much comfort as possible,
and know that she is loved

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 00:19:39 -0800, "Joy" wrote:

The news isn't very good. The bottom line is that, with the treatment
she's
getting now, she might have another month.

The vet took some x-rays before doing the ultrasound. They showed a mass
behind Lindy's heart and above her diaphragm, with little tendrils
coming
out the top indicating that the mass was growing.

She mentioned chemotherapy but said there were no guarantees and it
could
make her sick. Her original suggestion was to give her chemo and
prednisone,
but she said the chemo might make her sick. Because of Lindy's age, we
decided to go with just the prednisone, which is in liquid form.

She also gave me some new kind of food, which she said might help her
appetite. She said the prednisone might do that too. Basically, she said
this might give her another month. We both agreed that we'll continue
this
as long as she doesn't seem miserable, but no longer. She also said that
if
she seems worse, or very unhappy, tomorrow or by noon Saturday, to call
and
I could bring her in.

Lindy ate more after I brought her home this evening than she did all
day
yesterday.

Joy

Old November 15th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default The latest on Lindy

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Joy
wrote:
Yesterday, Lindy acted very hungry, virtually demanding food, but when I
gave it to her, she didn't eat. I made up my mind that this morning I
was going to call the senior doctor in the practice and talk to her
about Lindy.

This morning Lindy acted hungry. I gave her a small amount of food, and
she ate it! I was very encouraged, and decided to wait before calling
the doctor. However, she hasn't shown any interest in food since then.
She spent most of her time curled up in the Dacie chair. I called the
vet this afternoon and found out that I had one choice - to talk to the
one who saw her. The older one is in Hawaii until the 24th. I was put
right through to the new one. She said the next step is to do an
ultrasound. The earliest she could get her in for that is 2:00
tomorrow. I'm to drop her off and they'll call when she's ready to be
picked up.

I'm trying to prepare myself for another loss.

Purrs and prayers for Lindy and for you too.

Juith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Thank you, Judith.

Joy

Lindy update Joy Cat anecdotes 2 November 12th 08 06:14 PM
The latest on Lindy Joy Cat anecdotes 15 October 18th 08 11:03 PM
Lindy is home Joy Cat anecdotes 8 July 22nd 06 04:14 PM
Lindy update Yoj Cat anecdotes 2 July 9th 05 09:19 AM
Lindy gets vocal Yoj Cat anecdotes 6 October 5th 04 01:13 AM