Catching Up - Apologies

Old November 13th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Catching Up - Apologies

I'm so sorry I haven't been around much lately! It seems I'm not the only
one who's been letting RL get in the way of real pleasures, since I've seen
a few other "catching up" posts. I'm hoping things settle down enough to
jump back in and socialize with my friends here more.

I've been a little down since my surgery proved to be ineffective in getting
rid of my pain - it seems the nerve was permanently damaged. I've started
going to a pain management clinic, but that just seems like giving up to me
since I was still sort of hoping that I could find a root cause for the pain
and fix it once and for all.

Small funny... Ben and I got into a spat because I was feeling put-upon and
grouchy about all this. He snapped at me saying, "don't grouse at me, I'm
not causing the pain in your neck" and I shot back, "no, you're the pain in
my @$$"! That made us both laugh and we quit fighting - and I did take his
meaning, and I'm going to try really hard not to let my pain overshadow the
rest of my life. I'm trying to see the up side things and bounce back to my
old self, so I'm going to concentrate on the good things in my life - and
thank Bast, there's a *lot* that's good in my life (not the least of them my
friends).

Now, another of the good things... the insurance adjuster finally got around
to assessing the damage caused by Ike, and they sent us a larger check than
we thought we'd get. We not only have enough to fix the damage, we also
have a little left over for a cat "jungle gym" that I've been wanting for
over a year. I also got the clowder spiffy new outfits for their Christmas
pictures! I can't wait for the "jungle gym" to get here so I can start
taking pictures for my Christmas cards. And I can't wait to see the cats'
reaction to their new toy!

OK, enough for now - purrs to all who need them, I'm going to concentrate on
catching up on as many posts as I can.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 13th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Nov 13, 1:54 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

Kindly share a pic of the cats' "jungle gym" with us. Grrrrrrrr. - my
cats won't
even wear their Bronco t-shirts (forget the booties) when our favored
team is
on the gridiron. How did you get them to put up with Xmas outfits?

This is the one we ordered:
http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/...0,0&format= 0
or

http://tinyurl.com/58u9m9

They're used to the outfits! It's not Christmas in the Crews' household
until the kitties get humiliated! Here's last year's card:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/2007_Card/

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 14th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Nov 13, 3:54 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

Sorry to hear about the pain and I hope you can manage it, since it
seems you can't end it.

The jungle gym sounds like fun. I don't know how you get your cats to
wear _clothes_

Will in New Haven
Mousies acting cheeky like we weren't even there.
I watched birdies dancing and singing right by our front gate..
All those critters will be gone soon, like dew in sun..
Time to pounce.
Old November 14th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry your pain really hasn't been alleviated by the surgery.
Hopefully you'll get some benefit from the pain management clinic. Funny
spat with Ben and fantastic news from the insurance adjuster. Hope the cats
enjoy their new gym!

Jill

Old November 14th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Thanks!

I can't wait until we get the gym - it was ordered yesterday morning and I
have no idea how quickly it will be mailed (or how - it comes in two
separate boxes and it weighs more than 130 pounds!). And even after we get
it there's the matter of getting Ben, who is, um, "ergonomically
challenged", to put it together for them. Oh, and also we're going to have
to break down the aquarium and move that so the gym will fit in the great
room by the windows, so that's more work for Ben that I know he's not going
to want to undertake. Normally I would just do it all myself, but I'm no
longer able, so I'll have to wait him out! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 14th 08, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Nov 13, 1:54*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:

I've been a little down since my surgery proved to be ineffective in getting
rid of my pain - it seems the nerve was permanently damaged. *I've started
going to a pain management clinic, but that just seems like giving up to me
since I was still sort of hoping that I could find a root cause for the pain
and fix it once and for all.

It *isn't* giving in or giving up. There are things that are out of
our control, and we have to learn to live with them (like brothers and
sisters). Pain does weird things to your head, creates issues that
aren't there, makes you think things you never thought you would.
Getting help to control the pain, helps alot of other issues as well.

On the bright side, you *did* find the root cause of the pain. The
down side is that it *may* get better, over time, but it may not. Now
to move into the next phase. Reaching acceptance of the condition,
and how to continue with a decent quality of life.

Or as "Dirty" Harry Callahan said (in the second show), "A man's *got*
to learn his limitations." I'd have paraphrased, but the quote still
fits. You learn what you can do, without pain. You learn what you
can do, with a little pain. You learn what you can do with massive
pain. Then you decide if the pain level is worth what you want to
do.

As depressing as this will sound, you will get used to it. Sucks, but
you will.

Small funny... Ben and I got into a spat because I was feeling put-upon and
grouchy about all this. *He snapped at me saying, "don't grouse at me, I'm
not causing the pain in your neck" and I shot back, "no, you're the pain in
my @$$"! *That made us both laugh and we quit fighting - and I did take his
meaning, and I'm going to try really hard not to let my pain overshadow the
rest of my life. *I'm trying to see the up side things and bounce back to my
old self, so I'm going to concentrate on the good things in my life - and
thank Bast, there's a *lot* that's good in my life (not the least of them my
friends).

That also takes time. It's very hard not to snap at others when
things get bad. I speaketh from experience. So long as you and Ben
can laugh with each other (and *at* each other), then you can manage
anything. I've learned over time, when the pain is getting bad, to
just close myself away, so that I can't say something hurtful.

It took me years to figure out the signs (thinking out of the blue...
"who the heck do you think you are? why do you think *you're* so
special, ya dick?" for absolutely no reason is the biggie), but once I
did, now I can give him all the space he needs to be away from my
bitch side. And I got being a bitch down pat.

Now, another of the good things... the insurance adjuster finally got around
to assessing the damage caused by Ike, and they sent us a larger check than
we thought we'd get. *We not only have enough to fix the damage, we also
have a little left over for a cat "jungle gym" that I've been wanting for
over a year. *I also got the clowder spiffy new outfits for their Christmas
pictures! *I can't wait for the "jungle gym" to get here so I can start
taking pictures for my Christmas cards. *And I can't wait to see the cats'
reaction to their new toy!

That gym looks fab. I hope they enjoy it as much as you will
giggle. DH saw it and told me not to even think about it. I don't
have the room, but they'd love that thing, since they are all
climbers.

See all my masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old November 14th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, Annie! As you know, I'm still learning. The asc-p group you clued
me in on is helping a lot - only those who live with cp can understand the
otherwise insane things you can say and do under its influence! I'm trying,
and I'm hoping to get to that place soon.

Now, another of the good things... the insurance adjuster finally got
around
to assessing the damage caused by Ike, and they sent us a larger check
than
we thought we'd get. We not only have enough to fix the damage, we also
have a little left over for a cat "jungle gym" that I've been wanting for
over a year. I also got the clowder spiffy new outfits for their Christmas
pictures! I can't wait for the "jungle gym" to get here so I can start
taking pictures for my Christmas cards. And I can't wait to see the cats'
reaction to their new toy!

That gym looks fab. I hope they enjoy it as much as you will
giggle. DH saw it and told me not to even think about it. I don't
have the room, but they'd love that thing, since they are all
climbers.

Aw, shucks, you could find the space - who needs a refrigerator any way?!
;

Seriously, you're right, I'm probably going to get way more enjoyment just
watching the acrobatics than the clowder will.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 14th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*--

Thanks, Annie! *As you know, I'm still learning. *The asc-p group you clued
me in on is helping a lot - only those who live with cp can understand the
otherwise insane things you can say and do under its influence! *I'm trying,
and I'm hoping to get to that place soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*--

All I did was give you the address for the group. Jofirey was the one
who mentioned it first.

Even those in chronic pain don't always understand the insanity. Each
of us is insane in our own "special" ways. Many of us 'go away' for a
while, others decide to sit and argue every. single. point.
regardless.

You'll get there. You are smart, caring, compassionate, and
impulsive. Each of those things brings you a different level of
understanding of what you (and by that, what others) are going
through. I just wish you *didn't* have to get there.

Where *did* I put that magic wand, anyway?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-

Aw, shucks, you could find the space - who needs a refrigerator any way?!
;

....and where would I store Barnabus' canned chicken and baby food
after it's been opened? He'd never forgive me. giggle

Seriously, you're right, I'm probably going to get way more enjoyment just
watching the acrobatics than the clowder will.

I believe that while the gyms are for the cats' exercise and
relaxation, they were actually created and built for the humans who
are slaves to felines. We have to be able to laugh at them somehow,
right?

Old November 15th 08, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

[...]

Sorry they couldn't cure your pain. Purrs that they find a solution.

Suz&Spicey