LitterMaid: the best thing ever or a piece of crap?

Old September 20th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suzanne Thompson

Default LitterMaid: the best thing ever or a piece of crap?

I'm delurking to ask a question for my sister (Carol), whose 19-year-old cat
(Tasha) recently began pooping on the floor when the litter box isn't clean
enough to suit her.

Carol thinks a LitterMaid might be the solution to this problem but Tasha's
vet pooh-poohed the idea.

Can you guys please tell me about your LitterMaid experiences?

Thank you in advance!

Suzanne

Old September 20th 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

I got quite a few of them the only problem is I got a bouncy kitten that
thinks she can jump one of them in the litter box. I have had them for
years until recently just this week was the first overturn problem fat cat
meets bouncy kitten you can get a mental picture of what happened

Old September 20th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock

"Suzanne Thompson" wrote in message
I'm delurking to ask a question for my sister (Carol), whose 19-year-old
cat (Tasha) recently began pooping on the floor when the litter box isn't
clean enough to suit her.

Carol thinks a LitterMaid might be the solution to this problem but
Tasha's vet pooh-poohed the idea.

Can you guys please tell me about your LitterMaid experiences?

Thank you in advance!

Suzanne

Don't have one, but I've read they can clog up. We've also got a young
litter challenged cat and the vet suggested a LitterMaid for her. The vet
uses one. I've read that these:

http://www.litter-robot.com/default.aspx?ac=1

are much better, but they don't sell them here. Not to mention, the price is
scarey.

Old September 20th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Suzanne Thompson wrote:
I'm delurking to ask a question for my sister (Carol), whose 19-year-old cat
(Tasha) recently began pooping on the floor when the litter box isn't clean
enough to suit her.

Carol thinks a LitterMaid might be the solution to this problem but Tasha's
vet pooh-poohed the idea.

Can you guys please tell me about your LitterMaid experiences?

Thank you in advance!

Suzanne

2 cats, 1 LitterMaid (not ultra). We have to manually scoop the
"excess" at least once/day. Poop seems to get taken care of quite well,
but urine clumps cause it to stick. When it sticks, it tries (seemingly
forever) to recycle to clear the problem. Sometimes (1 in 4 or 5) that
works. Otherwise, it's stuck until you clean it out and manually
recycle it.

Bottom line: not overly impressed, but it kinda works. (We might try
for the multi-cat model next time but we're thinking it over).

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old September 20th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"Sam" wrote in message
Suzanne Thompson wrote:
[...]

Sam it is the clumping liter you are using. I used a real cheap brand at
first and it did the same thing . I use an off brand thru Wal-Mart and it
works

Old September 20th 06, 08:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

*delurk* we have six cats 2 of the boxes are this brand. we love them, more
importantly the cats, who fit, love them, only issue might be the noise it
makes and if that will startle her. we put ours by the old box and after
they started using it then plugged it in. Works best for the cat who wants
a box for each type of function as it is clean for whatever function is
required, *relurk* Lee

Old September 21st 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Matthew wrote:
"Sam" wrote in message
Suzanne Thompson wrote:
[...]

Nope. It's a national brand but I don't remember which one (Tidy Cats
Scoop?). DW buys it when she gets groceries. It's certainly not the
cheapest. The miser (me) bought some of that once and DW made me take
it back and get the real stuff.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old September 21st 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Suzanne Thompson" wrote in message
I'm delurking to ask a question for my sister (Carol), whose 19-year-old
cat (Tasha) recently began pooping on the floor when the litter box isn't
clean enough to suit her.

I have a 20 year old that recently started to pee on the carpets
(outdoor/indoor cat) and if she has a clean box (never had a box before!)
she is perfectly clean and dry.
Maybe it would work if Carol cleaned the litterbox daily?
IMO very old cats probably need special measures in the toilet department.
I have recently discovered this fact

Tweed