Other than water?

Old November 4th 03, 04:07 AM
Dennis Carr

Default Other than water?

Question for you guys, is there anything other that KMR and its clones and
water that I can give my cats to drink? Trying to come up with a little
variety in drinks for the kids here.

Chicken broth comes to mind, FWIW.

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Old November 4th 03, 05:48 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 20:07:52 -0800, Dennis Carr
wrote:

Question for you guys, is there anything other that KMR and its clones and
water that I can give my cats to drink? Trying to come up with a little
variety in drinks for the kids here.

Chicken broth comes to mind, FWIW.

Nature intended them to drink water. After a kitten is weaned, it no
longer needs milk.

Old November 4th 03, 12:43 PM
~*SooZy*~

wrote:

Question for you guys, is there anything other that KMR and its clones

and
water that I can give my cats to drink? Trying to come up with a little
variety in drinks for the kids here.

Chicken broth comes to mind, FWIW.

Nature intended them to drink water. After a kitten is weaned, it no
longer needs milk.

yes I agree and when a cats poorly and not drinking much try adding a little
glucose, dextros powder to their water.

Old November 4th 03, 01:49 PM
Joe Canuck

Dennis Carr wrote:
Question for you guys, is there anything other that KMR and its clones and
water that I can give my cats to drink? Trying to come up with a little
variety in drinks for the kids here.

Chicken broth comes to mind, FWIW.

Plain water is best. They get their nutrients from the food you feed.

Water keeps the system "flushed" out by removing impurities, etc.

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck

Old November 5th 03, 06:41 AM
Dennis Carr

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 08:26:54 -0600, kaeli wrote:

Actually, a cat that has a diet of all wet food (or a raw diet) often
drinks very little of anything, since they have the moisture in their
food.

That's interesting to know; on that note, about how much water should a
cat be drinking on a daily basis? (Note that the cat in question is six
pounds soaking wet. She is indeed relatively small.)