We need some "Oops - got hurt while wrestling" purrs :o(

Old February 16th 05, 02:33 AM
Gabey8

Default We need some "Oops - got hurt while wrestling" purrs :o(

From the time I got home from work tonight, Captain and Stanley have been
chasing one another and wrestling. They wrestle gently, for the most part
(it looks like it's in slow motion, lol), but they've been going at it for
hours. Minus a few breaks to lie down, or to explore the laundry room
(when I went in there to wash some clothes), their main game this evening
has been "Pounce on My Brother and Wrestle".

Finally, about an hour ago, I noticed that Captain has begun favoring his
left hind leg. He's flexing it when he lies down, but he's not taking
weight on it. I've handled his leg a little bit, to which Captain has
offered mild to moderate protest. But I can't see any evidence of broken
skin or swelling, nor can I feel anything that's obviously wrong.

I'm guessing that he pulled a muscle or sprained something during all that
roughhousing, since he was fine when I got home.

So I'd be grateful for some speedy-recovery purrs for Captain. Plus, I'll
keep an eye on him (as I first saw him limping about an hour ago), and if
I think he needs a vet's attention, off to TED we'll go.

Donna, Captain the sore-legged kitty, and Stanley

Old February 16th 05, 03:15 AM
Shiral

Boys will play rough! I'd say if he's still favoring the leg tomorrow,
at least call the vet and explain the situation and see if TED thinks
Captain needs attention. With young cats having an excess of high
spirits, I'd say it's probably no worse than a temporary soreness. But
if he's not putting weight on the leg by morning, have the vet check
him out.

Melissa

Old February 16th 05, 03:34 AM
Irulan

aw, we will purr and pray that Captain doesn't have anything wrong with his
leg that won't go away during the night. Hope everything is ok.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old February 16th 05, 04:13 AM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:33:05 -0500, "Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com
(formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) yodeled:

From the time I got home from work tonight, Captain and Stanley have been
[...]

Poor little screwball. Healing purrs.

Theresa
Old February 16th 05, 04:26 AM
Sam Nash

"Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com (formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) wrote
in message
lkaboutpets.com...
From the time I got home from work tonight, Captain and Stanley have been
[...]

Hope it's nothing, Donna. Keep an eye on him for a day or two. I bet it'll
go away.

Old February 16th 05, 07:38 AM
Krista

Gabey8 (formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) wrote:
From the time I got home from work tonight, Captain and Stanley have

been
[...]

Awww, poor little darling. Hubie is sending out special
hoolikitten-to-hoolikitten purrs for Captain's leg.

------
Krista

Old February 16th 05, 10:41 AM
Lesley Madigan

I'm guessing that he pulled a muscle or sprained something during all that
roughhousing, since he was fine when I got home.

That's the likeliest explanation. Speedy Joe once sprained his foot
jumping onto a windowledge and he limped for a day during which time
we made an enormous fuss of him. The next day he was still limping but
on another foot....We soon realised Speedy's thought processes were
along the lines of "I limp. I get fusses and extra food. So I'll limp.
Which foot was it?" He would actually try one foot after the other in
front of us all the time watching us to see if he'd found the right
one

So I'd be grateful for some speedy-recovery purrs for Captain.

Purrs on the way

Lesley

Slave to the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 16th 05, 03:15 PM
CatNipped

"Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com (formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) wrote
in message
lkaboutpets.com...
From the time I got home from work tonight, Captain and Stanley have been
[...]

Purrs for Captain's leg to get better quickly!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Um... oops? GraceCat Cat anecdotes 20 December 25th 04 07:40 PM
2 Hurt Rescuing Cat Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 42 November 22nd 04 02:55 PM
Eating flies - Can they hurt my kitty? Zorin the Lynx Cat health & behaviour 18 July 18th 04 04:44 AM
Oh my God Bruiser's on fire! (he's not hurt) John Biltz Cat anecdotes 27 November 3rd 03 06:16 PM
Hurt cat LeeAnne Cats - misc 3 July 12th 03 04:39 AM