Now with Gravy

Old January 20th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Now with Gravy

For at least the last 15 years, I have bought canned gooshy food. In that
time, I have probably bought every brand there is that comes in a 400g can,
even experimenting with the pouches for a little while. But in those 15 or
so years, I have learnt the best value for money, what food is likely to be
eaten, what food is likely to be 'returned' and what food reacts with the
digestive system. Shopping for gooshyfood had become automatic. The best
brand on balance seemed to be Whiskas (unless Dine was heavily discounted to
below the price of Whiskas) and it had to be loaf or pate only. If casserole
or mince varieties were selected, the food wwould be eaten with too much
enthusiam, leading to upchucks or diarrhea.

So like pretty much every week for the last 15 years, yesterday I made my
trip down the catfood aisle, picking up a box of kibble and picking ou the
suitable cans automatically - I know where they are on the shelves and I
recognise the colours. Whiskas pate or loaf styles only.

Somebody before me had replaced a Whiskas casserole style can into the
'pate' area, and I picked it up by accident. When I noticed, I went to put
it back, and then it dawned on me that I had been buying catfood in my old
habitual style and there was no reason - the current owners aren't Shmogg.

*They aren't Shmogg.*

And thus it was that - much to my surprise - I found myself having a small
breakdown in the catfood aisle.

After gathering my composure, I put the loaf and pate styles back and bought
all the Whiskas cans that had gravy, realising that it felt like I was going
into entirely new and unfamiliar territory. Turns out that Suki & Pickle
don't seem to have a problem with it like Shmogg did.

This 'Part 2' of my life with cats will have to say 'Now with Gravy', LOL.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old January 20th 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

. When I noticed, I went to put
it back, and then it dawned on me that I had been buying catfood in my old
habitual style and there was no reason - the current owners aren't Shmogg.

*They aren't Shmogg.*

And thus it was that - much to my surprise - I found myself having a small
breakdown in the catfood aisle.////

Been there and done that with Sir William (RB), and can only send
hugs.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{YOWIE}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}

Helen M
Old January 20th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

*snugs*

Our crew eat gravy exclusively. THey will not eat pate.

AND PRINCESS PARTICULAR (Kumani) will eat NOTHING but GRILLED CHICKEN
FANCY FEAST.

NOT marinated chicken.

NOT grilled beef.

NOT turkey anything.

GRILLED CHICKEN.

Why do we let them get away with this? ?

--Fil

Old January 20th 08, 06:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Yowie wrote:

This 'Part 2' of my life with cats will have to say 'Now with Gravy', LOL.

LOL. A bittersweet realisation.

I still remember finding Frank's old harness and leash at the back of a
drawer when looking for something else. I haven't trained Mir and
Caliban on the leash, because we have the enclosure now. It used to such
fun to go for walkies with Frank and Nikki.

Old January 20th 08, 12:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Enfilade wrote:
*snugs*

Our crew eat gravy exclusively. THey will not eat pate.

AND PRINCESS PARTICULAR (Kumani) will eat NOTHING but GRILLED CHICKEN
FANCY FEAST.

NOT marinated chicken.

NOT grilled beef.

NOT turkey anything.

GRILLED CHICKEN.

Why do we let them get away with this? ?

Because, resistance is futile.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 20th 08, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Adrian" wrote in
om:

Enfilade wrote:
*snugs*

Our crew eat gravy exclusively. THey will not eat pate.

AND PRINCESS PARTICULAR (Kumani) will eat NOTHING but GRILLED CHICKEN
FANCY FEAST.

NOT marinated chicken.

NOT grilled beef.

NOT turkey anything.

GRILLED CHICKEN.

Why do we let them get away with this? ?

Because, resistance is futile.

The boys EACH had a fancy feast last night. This morning they came in to
report all the food dishes were empty so I cleaned the dry food dish and
filled it up. No NOT that one the other dishes! So I put some dry food
in them also. Ha ha, they were not amused.

They usually share one can of FF or half can of friskies every couple of
nights so last night was a real treat.

Andy
Old January 20th 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Marina wrote in
:

Yowie wrote:

This 'Part 2' of my life with cats will have to say 'Now with Gravy',
LOL.

LOL. A bittersweet realisation.

I still remember finding Frank's old harness and leash at the back of
a drawer when looking for something else. I haven't trained Mir and
Caliban on the leash, because we have the enclosure now. It used to
such fun to go for walkies with Frank and Nikki.

Bittersweet is so accurate. I would not want those moments of remembrance
to stop coming but they can halt you in your tracks. Each of my cats had
qualities none of the others had and that is a source of both joy and
grief.

Andy
Old January 25th 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Yowie wrote:

For at least the last 15 years, I have bought canned gooshy food. snip

When I noticed, I went to put
it back, and then it dawned on me that I had been buying catfood in my old
habitual style and there was no reason - the current owners aren't Shmogg.

*They aren't Shmogg.*

And thus it was that - much to my surprise - I found myself having a small
breakdown in the catfood aisle.

After gathering my composure, I put the loaf and pate styles back and bought
all the Whiskas cans that had gravy, realising that it felt like I was going
into entirely new and unfamiliar territory. Turns out that Suki & Pickle
don't seem to have a problem with it like Shmogg did.

This 'Part 2' of my life with cats will have to say 'Now with Gravy', LOL.

Yowie

Lots of hugs and purrs,
Polonca and Soncek