Every night, Disneyland releases over 200 feral cats into the park to keep its rodent population under control.

Old February 17th 14, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Larry Stark

Default Every night, Disneyland releases over 200 feral cats into the park to keep its rodent population under control.

http://www.omg-facts.com/lists/818/1...w7Hzd6q46fc.99

---

Old February 18th 14, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 18:55:20 -0500, Larry Stark
wrote:

http://www.omg-facts.com/lists/818/1...w7Hzd6q46fc.99

I'd find this more credible if it explained how they round up 200
feral cats *every* morning.
Old February 18th 14, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

http://www.omg-facts.com/lists/818/1...w7Hzd6q46fc.99

I'd find this more credible if it explained how they round up 200
feral cats *every* morning.

It says they are "kept in open spaces that cannot be reached by the
public." Maybe they think they know how to herd cats.

IF the article is true (and I hope it isn't just hype), it's a TNR
situation. Maybe they're not wholly feral anymore. They're being fed
and watered and have vet care so they do have human interaction. I
think they'd be likely return to the feeding stations as a known regular
source of food. Corral them until night? I doubt it.

Jill
Old February 18th 14, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:

http://www.omg-facts.com/lists/818/1...w7Hzd6q46fc.99

I'd find this more credible if it explained how they round up 200
feral cats *every* morning.

It says they are "kept in open spaces that cannot be reached by the
public." Maybe they think they know how to herd cats.

IF the article is true (and I hope it isn't just hype), it's a TNR
situation. Maybe they're not wholly feral anymore. They're being fed
and watered and have vet care so they do have human interaction. I
think they'd be likely return to the feeding stations as a known regular
source of food. Corral them until night? I doubt it.

Back when I did rescue work, I had as many as twelve cats in a 2000 sq
foot house. Keeping them in one room (short of picking them up
individually and carry them), releasing them into the whole house then
rounding them up again would have been an exercise in futility. I
can't imagine managing 200 cats roaming free.
Old February 18th 14, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

It is a true story the cats stay hidden from people they are TNR. If you
watch carefully when you go on the train or on a ride that goes to outside
wooded areas you can see them. The cats have gotten so used to the crowds
they know when to head to high grounds only time you ever see on when the
crowds are out is if something is wrong

Old February 18th 14, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

It is not just Disneyland it is also Disneyworld here in Orlando, Florida

Old February 19th 14, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

It is a true story the cats stay hidden from people they are TNR. If you
watch carefully when you go on the train or on a ride that goes to outside
wooded areas you can see them. The cats have gotten so used to the crowds
they know when to head to high grounds only time you ever see on when the
crowds are out is if something is wrong

The explanation is simply that they're not really cats. They're just not
allowed to take their fur coats off when the public might be watching.