How Do Cats Spray?

Old September 7th 03, 05:05 PM
PawsForThought

Default How Do Cats Spray?

Does anyone know from where cats, both male and female, spray from? I know
they're not spraying urine, so where does the spray come from? Thanks.

Lauren
________

Old September 7th 03, 06:22 PM
PawsForThought

It is urine sprayed on vertical surfaces.
Gail

Thanks, Gail. But doesn't the male (and maybe the female?) back up to spray so
how does the urine spray in that direction instead of frontwards?
________

Old September 7th 03, 09:44 PM
Cheryl

In ,
PawsForThought composed with style:
It is urine sprayed on vertical surfaces.
Gail

Thanks, Gail. But doesn't the male (and maybe the female?) back up
to spray so how does the urine spray in that direction instead of
frontwards? ________

I'd like to know that too. I see Shamrock do that in the litterbox.
Stands up with his front paws on the edge of the box, his butt in the
air and pee straight backwards. I think even though it is the
litterbox, he is marking it. He doesn't do it often and usually just
after the boxes are cleaned which leads me to think he's marking. He
overshoots sometimes, too. Gets the wall. :|