My cat dream

Old August 10th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default My cat dream

Last night I dreamt that it was my job to go around finding feral cat
colonies so they could be spayed/neutered and put back. I found a small
colony - and I can still see them in my mind. There were some adults,
tabby, ginger and black and white and a lot of kittens.
I managed to get them trapped and off to the vet to be neutered with the
idea that they would be put back and the babies to be found homes. They
didn't come back at all, so I phoned the vet and asked where the cats were.
He said "Oh, we don't bother with ferals, we just put them down." I said
"My cats KFC and Boyfriend have not come home either." He said "we just
gathered up all the cats in the area and euthanized them. so just come over
to identify your cat's body."
I woke up sobbing and hyperventilating in the middle of the night and
immediately rushed downstairs to check on my two - who were quite all right
of course.
These are Prozac dreams. It's a dreadful side-effect.

Tweed

Old August 10th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

I woke up sobbing and hyperventilating in the middle of the night and
immediately rushed downstairs to check on my two - who were quite all right
of course.
These are Prozac dreams. It's a dreadful side-effect.

Tweed

Damn, that's awful! I am so very glad that I never experience dreams like
that from Prozac.
Old August 10th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
[...]

That had to be horrible. I sounds awful enough with out getting KFC and BF
involved.

Those sound like the kittens I had to send to the shelter. I still keep
seeing them. I have to work on seeing them in nice new homes.

I've been having a lot of distressing dreams lately. The sort that seem
very real.

I may have to go back to watching the soap operas I have on TIVo before I go
to sleep. I sure don't dare watch the news. Even the weather channels only
seems interested in disaster. We have been watching a lot of old black and
white movies lately. Its fun to be able to look them up on the internet and
learn something about them in addition to just watching them.

With luck I should be off my prednisone in another week and that will help.
It pushes the level of the dreams I have up a notch. Not to mention keeping
me from sleeping in the first place.

Jo

Old August 10th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

What a horrible dream! I took Prozac 6 years ago, I'll never take it again.
Not only did it give me aweful dreams it made me suicidal.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old August 10th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

[ a *DREAM*:]

I managed to get them trapped and off to the vet to be neutered with the
idea that they would be put back and the babies to be found homes. They
didn't come back at all, so I phoned the vet and asked where the cats were.
He said "Oh, we don't bother with ferals, we just put them down." I said
"My cats KFC and Boyfriend have not come home either." He said "we just
gathered up all the cats in the area and euthanized them. so just come over
to identify your cat's body."
I woke up sobbing and hyperventilating in the middle of the night and
immediately rushed downstairs to check on my two - who were quite all right
of course.
These are Prozac dreams. It's a dreadful side-effect.

EEEEK! No wonder you hate the Prozac dreams. I never had ones that were
that upsetting.

I'll bet KFC and BF were a bit bewildered by your checking and your upset
in the middle of the night!

Purrs,
Joyce
Old August 10th 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[ a *DREAM*:]

[...]

No, it didn't bother them. I hid my distress so as not to worry them and
they just raised their heads and said "Eh? What's up?" so I said "Nothing
is the matter, kitties, go back to sleep." so they did.
It took a while for me to calm down. It seemed so real. I thought my babies
had been put to sleep even when I woke up.

Tweed

Old August 10th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

No, it didn't bother them. I hid my distress so as not to worry them and
they just raised their heads and said "Eh? What's up?" so I said "Nothing
is the matter, kitties, go back to sleep." so they did.

I have had dreams like that, only I haven't been able to hide it and I
have had two very bewildered bitties wondering why mommy is going
batsh*t in the middle of the night.

(Nox is disgusted with the display and leaves. Smokey doesn't give a
crap if I grab him and hold him, as long as there's food come dawn.)

I have also had Nox having nightmare though and she will cling to me if
I awaken her. It's very strange coming from Nox.

--Fil

Old August 11th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Adrian A wrote:
it made me suicidal.

That wasn't because of the Prozac.

Old August 11th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

How horrible! That's about the worst nightmare I've ever heard of!

Joy

I had a kittie dream Enfilade Cat anecdotes 4 August 9th 06 06:34 PM
Having a Bad Dream? (Kitty Sensitivity) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 1 February 27th 06 11:04 PM
Terrible Dream Susan M Cat anecdotes 15 February 23rd 05 01:57 AM
Our Adoption Dream, please help with $1 Catie Cat health & behaviour 6 January 29th 05 06:38 AM
unpleasant dream, nice awakening JB Cat anecdotes 0 December 23rd 04 03:10 PM