OT 3 Minute Management Course

Old April 28th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT 3 Minute Management Course

Lesson One:

An eagle was sitting on a tree resting, doing nothing. A small rabbit saw
the eagle and asked him, "Can I also sit like you and do nothing?"

The eagle answered: "Sure, why not" So, the rabbit sat on the ground below
the eagle and rested.

All of a sudden, a fox appeared, jumped on the rabbit and ate it.

Management Lesson:

To be sitting and doing nothing, you must be sitting very, very high up.

____________________________________

Lesson Two:

A turkey was chatting with a bull. "I would love to be able to get to the
top of that tree," sighed the turkey, "but I haven't got the energy."

"Well, why don't you nibble on some of my droppings?" replied the bull. "
They're packed with nutrients."

The turkey pecked at a lump of dung, and found it actually gave him enough
strength to reach the lowest branch of the tree. The next day, after eating
some more dung, he reached the second branch.

Finally after a fourth night, the turkey was proudly perched at the top of
the tree. He was promptly spotted by a farmer, who shot him out of the tree.

Management Lesson:

Bull **** might get you to the top, but it won't keep you there.

_____________________________________

Lesson Three:

A little bird was flying south for the winter. It was so cold, the bird
froze and fell to the ground into a large field.

While he was lying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on him. As the
frozen bird lay there in the pile of cow dung, he began to realize how warm
he was. The dung was actually thawing him out! He laid there all warm and
happy, and soon began to sing for joy.

A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate. Following the
sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung, and promptly
dug him out and ate him.

Management Lesson:

(1) Not everyone who ****s on you is your enemy.

(2) Not everyone who gets you out of **** is your friend..

(3) And when you're in deep ****, it's best to keep your mouth shut!

This ends the three minute management course.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)Š

Old April 28th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:00:26 -0400, "Magic Mood JeepŠ"
yodeled:

Lesson One:

An eagle was sitting on a tree resting, doing nothing. A small rabbit saw
the eagle and asked him, "Can I also sit like you and do nothing?"

(snip)

Very good! Reminds me a lot of the academic fable:
One sunny day a rabbit came out of her hole in the ground to enjoy the
weather. The day was so nice that the rabbit became careless, so a fox
sneaked up to her and caught her.

"I am going to eat you for lunch!," said the fox.

"Wait!" replied the rabbit, "You should at least wait a few days"

"Oh yeah? Why should I wait?"

"Well, I am just finishing writing my Ph.D. thesis."

"Hah! That's a stupid excuse. What is the title of your thesis
anyway?"

"I am writing my thesis on 'The Superiority of Rabbits over Foxes and
Wolves.'"

"Are you crazy? I should eat you up right now! Everybody knows that a
fox will always win over a rabbit."

"Not really, not according to my research. If you like, you can come
to my hole and read it for yourself. If you are not convinced you can
go ahead and have me for lunch."

"You are really crazy!" But since the fox was curious and had nothing
to lose, it went with the rabbit into its hole. The fox never came
back out.

A few days latter the rabbit was again taking a break from writing
and, sure enough, a wolf came out of the bushes and was ready to eat
her.

"Wait!", yelled the rabbit, "you cannot eat me right now."

"And why might that be, you fuzzy appetizer?"

"I am almost finished writing my Ph.D. thesis on 'The Superiority of
Rabbits over Foxes and Wolves'."

The wolf laughed so hard that it almost lost its hold on the rabbit.
"Maybe I shouldn't eat you, you are really sick in your head, you
might have something contagious," the wolf opined.

"Come read for yourself, you can eat me after that if you disagree
with my conclusions." So the wolf went to the rabbit's hole and never
came out.

The rabbit finished writing her thesis and was out celebrating in the
lettuce fields. Another rabbit came by and asked, "What's up? You seem
to be very happy."

"Yup, I just finished writing up my dissertation."

"Congratulations! What is it about?"

"It is titled 'The superiority of Rabbits over Foxes and Wolves.'"

"Are you sure? That doesn't sound right."

"Oh yes, you should come over and read for yourself."

So they went together to the rabbit's hole.

As they went in, the friend saw the typical graduate student abode,
albeit a rather messy one after writing a thesis. The computer with
the controversial dissertation was in one corner, on the right there
was a pile of fox bones, on the left was a pile of wolf bones, and in
the middle was a lion.

The moral of the story is: The title of your dissertation doesn't
matter, all that matters is who your thesis advisor is.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 28th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

___________________________________
[...]

Thanks. ROFL.

Old April 29th 06, 05:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote in news:4besk7F11gnc1U1
@individual.net:

Management Lesson:

(1) Not everyone who ****s on you is your enemy.

(2) Not everyone who gets you out of **** is your friend..

(3) And when you're in deep ****, it's best to keep your mouth shut!

Or (2) Not everyone who takes **** off you is your friend.
(3) If you are warm and comfortable, even if it is in a pile of ****,
keep your mouth shut.

Chak

--
At least two-thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human
malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity: