Six-month-old still suckles

Old September 3rd 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
PawsForThought

Default Six-month-old still suckles

My 7 year-old cat nurses on my husband's beard. He's done this since
we adopted him as a kitten from a rescue. He wraps his paws around
DH's neck and then nurses on his beard and purrs like mad. We've
never tried to break him of this because he seems so content when
doing it.

As far as the OP's case, maybe you could try putting some bitter apple
on the spot where he nurses.

Old September 5th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
In article ,
"CatNipped" wrote:

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
How do I break a six-month-old kitten from suckling
the blanket on my bed?

I don't know how old she was when she was separated from
mom. I got her when she was four months old.

Sammy is 3.5 years old and she still sucks her toe...
http://www.possibleplaces.com/catnipped/Toe_Suck_Movie/ I can't help
you, I
think it's adorable! ;

Doesn't her toe get sore, or raw, or chapped?

Maybe I'll try to get Mokee to suck on a toe instead
of the blanket!

No, she doesn't do it often enough to make it sore. She will only suck her
toe when she is snuggled next to me, and she only does it for a few minutes
at a time once or twice a day.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--