The kitty litter factory

Old June 15th 04, 05:46 PM
Dan M

Default The kitty litter factory

Since my last programming job ended I've been driving a
truck. Not a bad gig overall, other than getting paid so
little that I'm going broke

Thursday evening I had a very interesting load assignment. I
was to pickup from a company called "Golden Tidy Products"
in Maricopa, CA. I drove down Interstate 5 to the proper
exit, went about 25 miles west to the town of Maricopa, then
over a series of narrow, winding desert roads that
eventually climbed over a couple of hills that were almost
too steep for my truck to handle. When I got to the top of
the hill I found - Nestle Purina Golden Products Division. I
figured "cool, some kind of pet products."

When I entered the building to check in with the shipping
department, I saw more cat litter than I have ever seen
before in one place. Tidy Cat brand, WalMart's Special Kitty
brand, Target's house brand - they were all there. Turns out
this place is a bentonite (clay) mine. I watched as they
loaded my trailer with 45000 pounds of Special Kitty and
Tidy Cat.

I left the factory, drove to the nearest truckstop, and
found that the factory had overloaded me. Back to the
factory to get my load adjusted, back to the truckstop,
still overloaded. I was headed back to the factory for a
second reload when my engine blew. A few hours later when
the tow truck driver was hooking me up to his truck, I
learned that the Johnie Cat litter mine is just 5 or 10
miles north of the one I was picking up at.

So now I know where out cat litter comes from!

Dan

Old June 15th 04, 07:11 PM
Sherry

I watched as they
loaded my trailer with 45000 pounds of Special Kitty and
Tidy Cat.

Hey, that would last us a couple of weeks
That's very interesting. I guess I never really thought about where litter
actually comes from.

Sherry

Old June 15th 04, 09:55 PM
JoJo

If you ever do this run again, do you think you could run a detour through
Pennsylvania? I could really really use a truckload of kitty litter!!!!
smile