Yowlet :^)

Old August 2nd 04, 09:23 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default Yowlet :^)

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. I don't have any kids, but have many,
many friends who do and they all do the holding the baby up so he can stand
on your lap thing. Nobody's ever mentioned that they weren't supposed to be
doing it. And most of my friends are really fanatical about doing it
"right", with tons of books and websites and groups, etc, etc...

It's quite normal for babies to love to be held up so they can "stand". Every
single baby I've known has had a stage of loving to do this. Indeed, my
great-niece (did I mention I'm a great-aunt?) loves to do it and she's a bit
younger than Cary. It's all part of our biped development. Not all babies like
to crawl. Nathan did a tiny amount of crawling and he was walking at 10.5
months. Doesn't seem to have done him any harm - he has taken his GCSEs either
a year or two years early, is starting sixth-form a year early, and he's got
good strong legs ;-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old August 2nd 04, 09:24 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Babies have been trying to pull up on
their own since babies were invented.

True ;-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old August 2nd 04, 09:24 AM

Old August 2nd 04, 09:24 AM

Old August 3rd 04, 09:14 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Some crap about his bones being too flexible at the moment and that he'd
develop bow-legs if we encouraged him to "stand" before he was ready.

Did this doc do his doctorate back in the middle ages? ;-)

I have to sit and fight my own insticnts alot. If I was going by instinct,
he'd have been eating solids at 3 months and probably be already standing
up, but apparntly the experts know better.

Nathan started on solids a 3 months (continued to breast feed too) and he's a
tall, fit fifteen year-old, with a healthy appetite, and not fat. He's a
handsome lad too - not that I, as his mother, am biased in any way, shape or
form...

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old August 3rd 04, 09:15 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

You can give yourself a lot of credit. Sometimes your instincts are your
best advisor. I know you are a person of common sense.

snipped to

You are doing just fine with the Yowlet, so give yourself a pat on the back
and enjoy him.
Annie ("Just" a mother, not an "expert.")

Wot she sed. :-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

[OT] Yowlet Photos Yowie Cat anecdotes 57 May 30th 04 01:30 PM
Yowlet pictures Yowie Cat anecdotes 32 April 19th 04 03:54 AM
[OT] Yowlet Update 30th March 5am Yowie Cat anecdotes 15 April 4th 04 02:39 AM