using bathroom on carpet

Old August 25th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jodyfowler

Default using bathroom on carpet

I have two older cats and one of my cats refuse now to use the litter box. We
have recently moved and for a while she was sharing the litter box, but
suddenly quit and using the bathroom every where on the carpet. We give both
very much TLC. We believe our other cat is not letting her use the litter box
now, we very much want this resolved because we are tired of picking up after
her plus smell is really foul, especially when we have guest over. We have
have tried sprays, deordorant, scents, vitamins, just about everything known
to remedy this situation. we know she is upset and cant really get mad at her,
just want a solution. thank you

Old August 25th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

jodyfowler wrote:
I . We believe our other cat is not letting her use the litter box

Get another 2 boxes- the other cat can't guard all 3

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 25th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-08-25, jodyfowler penned:
I have two older cats and one of my cats refuse now to use the
litter box. We have recently moved and for a while she was sharing
the litter box, but suddenly quit and using the bathroom every where
on the carpet. We give both very much TLC. We believe our other cat
is not letting her use the litter box now, we very much want this
resolved because we are tired of picking up after her plus smell is
really foul, especially when we have guest over. We have have tried
sprays, deordorant, scents, vitamins, just about everything known to
remedy this situation. we know she is upset and cant really get mad
at her, just want a solution. thank you

You say you've tried just about everything. What about taking her to
the vet to check for health issues? That should be the *first* thing
you try when your cat has urinary troubles. Especially an elderly cat.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old August 25th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

First moves are stressful and stress can cause a UTI, so have her urine
cultured. Second, add an additional box. Third physical or emotional it is
probably stress related from moving so invest in a Feliway diffuser for a
couple of the most inhabited rooms. To help with smell, use and enzymatic
cleaner such as Nature's Miracle. Things CAN get better.

Old August 25th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jodyfowler

that was the first observation, she has no illness

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
I have two older cats and one of my cats refuse now to use the
litter box. We have recently moved and for a while she was sharing

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]

Old August 25th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-08-25, jodyfowler penned:
that was the first observation, she has no illness

If you're really sure about this, I would agree with others who
suggest multiple litterboxes, which I would put in different places in
your home, so that you can't see both from any spot.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old August 26th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:17:38 GMT, "jodyfowler" u25742@uwe wrote:

I have two older cats and one of my cats refuse now to use the litter box. We
have recently moved and for a while she was sharing the litter box, but
suddenly quit and using the bathroom every where on the carpet. We give both
very much TLC. We believe our other cat is not letting her use the litter box
now, we very much want this resolved because we are tired of picking up after
her plus smell is really foul, especially when we have guest over. We have
have tried sprays, deordorant, scents, vitamins, just about everything known
to remedy this situation. we know she is upset and cant really get mad at her,
just want a solution. thank you

Sounds like the simple solution is to get a second litterbox and put
it in a different room to the first - the other cat can't 'guard' both
of them at the same time...