OT great christmas light show

Old December 2nd 05, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT great christmas light show

I believe it is either Mozart or Beethoven done in rock
"Cathi" wrote in message
In message , No More Retail
writes
If you have surround sound turn it up and enjoy this
http://www.skoopy.com/show2.php?id=1732&type=VID

Wow! That is really quite impressive. Does anyone have any idea what the
music is?

--
Cathi

Old December 2nd 05, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 09:06:52 +0000, Cathi
wrote:

http://www.skoopy.com/show2.php?id=1732&type=VID

Wow! That is really quite impressive. Does anyone have any idea what
the music is?

Wizards in Winter by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
The Lost Christmas Eve CD

Old December 3rd 05, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

No More Retail wrote:

If you have surround sound turn it up and enjoy this
http://www.skoopy.com/show2.php?id=1732&type=VID

Wow, I don't think I'd like to live next door to that!! But it's
pretty impressive nonetheless. It's a live music video!

Did you notice that the house looks sort of alive? Kind of like a
weird face? The two upper windows on the far-left and far-right of the
house look like eyes, and the band of light along the roof gutter
looks like one long eyebrow. Actually, I think this whole thing is a
coded message for aliens. Cats signaling the mothership, probably.

When I lived in Massachusetts, there was a house in my neighborhood
where the people went all-out to use as much electricity as possible
with their Christmas lighting show. Let's see: there was a life-size
sleigh with reindeer on the roof. A little Dickensian caroling scene
on the front porch, also life-size, complete with fake gas light. A
huge nativity scene at the top of the driveway. Lights along every
conceivable edge, in all colors, many flashing and spinning. And to
top it all off, a two-story-high Santa Claus right in front, its head
flashing on and off, and turning back and forth, *singing* carols,
and then hollering "Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas" in between songs.
Because this house was advertised in the paper, people came from all
over to see the gaudy display. I just loved it, it was so over-the-
top tacky.

The most hilarious thing was that all the other houses on the block
had nothing but plain white lights for their decorations. Trying to
make up for their neighbors' bad taste, and distance themselves from
the maniac, no doubt!

Joyce
Old December 3rd 05, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri 02 Dec 2005 07:13:38p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Did you notice that the house looks sort of alive? Kind of like
a weird face? The two upper windows on the far-left and
far-right of the house look like eyes, and the band of light
along the roof gutter looks like one long eyebrow. Actually, I
think this whole thing is a coded message for aliens. Cats
signaling the mothership, probably.

The first time I saw that I thought it looked like many still
pictures all choreographed into a video. Then, today a friend of mine
noticed that there is a blinking window that doesn't belong to the
house, but is the light in a neighbor's window - a house behind the
house? (You can see it under the left eave of the "dancing" house)
Anyway, if you watch that light, it clearly isn't part of the
choreography because it doesn't have the rhythm the rest of the
lights have. Now, I'm pretty positive that it's a bunch of still
pictures arranged into a moving work of art. Nice job!

--
Cheryl
Old December 3rd 05, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cheryl wrote:
[...]

It's either that or somebody with theater experience programmed their lights
into a computer system similar to ones used in more modern theaters (not the
movie ones, but the stage-with-live-actors ones). Those are pretty
elaborate. I imagine if this is the case, the wiring took up most of his
garage, while the computer that runs it is probably a laptop or similar.

But then again, there was some guy last year that said that people over the
internet controlled the lights in his house (they could tell which lights to
turn on & off, etc.). Turns out, he had just a bunch of pictures of the
inside of his house, and when people said to turn this or that light on/off,
it just changed the pictures!

Who knows... besides the owner of the house, that is!

Old December 4th 05, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 20:51:59 -0500, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
wrote:

Cheryl wrote:
[...]

Snopes knows!

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp

:^)

Old December 6th 05, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat 03 Dec 2005 11:50:21p, Renee wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Who knows... besides the owner of the house, that is!

Snopes knows!

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp

:^)

Who'da thunk it? Thanks! There was a link to some other houses
decorated with dancing lights, so cool!

--
Cheryl