Argh - litterbox accident again

Old December 1st 05, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Argh - litterbox accident again

This morning I got up to check the litterbox and food situation and I
realised that somebody missed the box AGAIN! They did it a few days
ago but there was stray litter around the box and it soaked it up...
today there wasn't any so there was a lovely puddle on the bathroom
floor. Just what I wanted to see at eight o'clock in the morning! So I
picked everything up, washed the box inside and out in the bathtub,
sprayed the floor with cleaner and mopped it thoroughly...

While I had everything out I put their food and water and litter in
the hall, and one of the cats put their paws into the water bowl and
splashed it all over the hallway, so I had to clean that too! Now I
know why there's always water on the bathroom floor from the
'untippable' water bowl...

They were having litterbox accidents with their small boxes so I got
an under-the-bed storage box to use instead, but now it looks like
Scouty's having trouble with that one too! I think she just doesn't
know where her rear end is when she's in the box... Is there ANY WAY
to keep the cat from making this mistake again? Aside from getting a
covered box that is - Silver refused to use a covered litterbox and
she peed all over the floor instead. I'm getting tired of cleaning up
after them all the time...

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life

Old December 1st 05, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

the covered boxes have very high sides. You can just remove the cover and
not use it, but the high sides will keep their butts inside the box.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old December 1st 05, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Or maybe get a covered box, but just cut off the door side and the
roof, leaving the other 3 very high sides? Or if you are very crafty,
construct some sort of 3 walled enclosure to sit inside the box.

Good luck

Caroline S.

Old December 1st 05, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message

They were having litterbox accidents with their small boxes so I got
an under-the-bed storage box to use instead, but now it looks like
Scouty's having trouble with that one too! I think she just doesn't
know where her rear end is when she's in the box... Is there ANY WAY
to keep the cat from making this mistake again? Aside from getting a
covered box that is - Silver refused to use a covered litterbox and
she peed all over the floor instead. I'm getting tired of cleaning up
after them all the time...

This is the type of litter box we use

http://tinyurl.com/7vvoo

I no longer use the boxes doubled up with the sifter in place. Its just
easier to scoop. But the combination of box and guard is deep enough that
our cats have to get all the way in to use it. Jake can be pretty bad about
hangin' it over the edge otherwise.

I do keep a lot of litter in the box. At least three or more inches deep.

Jo

Old December 1st 05, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
This morning I got up to check the litterbox and food situation and I
realised that somebody missed the box AGAIN! They did it a few days
ago but there was stray litter around the box and it soaked it up...
today there wasn't any so there was a lovely puddle on the bathroom
floor. Just what I wanted to see at eight o'clock in the morning! So I
picked everything up, washed the box inside and out in the bathtub,
sprayed the floor with cleaner and mopped it thoroughly...

(snip)

I used to put the litterbox on an old plastic tablecloth, and put a
mound of clumping litter all around the outside edge of the box so that
it would catch dribbles and stop the runoff. It's easier to scoop than
mop up.

Old December 2nd 05, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
This is the type of litter box we use
http://tinyurl.com/7vvoo
Jo

Jo,

What are the dimensions of that box?

Thanks,

Annie

Old December 2nd 05, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
This is the type of litter box we use
http://tinyurl.com/7vvoo
Jo

Hi Jo,
Would you please measure the box and let me know the dimensions?
Sometimes Rosie lifts her rear a little high and hits the edge of her box.
Maybe this would work for us.
Thanks,
Annie

Old December 2nd 05, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
This is the type of litter box we use
http://tinyurl.com/7vvoo
Jo

Jo,

What are the dimensions of that box?

Thanks,

Annie

About 6 inches deep, 18 inches wide and 22 inches long. (That is a rough
guess)

Jo

Old December 3rd 05, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
About 6 inches deep, 18 inches wide and 22 inches long. (That is a rough
guess)

Jo

If it's not too much trouble, would you be able to measure it? I have a
particular space in mind to use.
It's close to that size. I'd love to get box with higher sides that would
fit.
Thanks,
Annie