Pics from Australia

Old December 3rd 05, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Pics from Australia

Here's a few pics from our recent trip to Purrth and Margaret River.
We saw quite a few interesting critters :-)
http://community.webshots.com/album/515565059LpeWyK
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old December 3rd 05, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri 02 Dec 2005 09:57:15p, badwilson wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Here's a few pics from our recent trip to Purrth and Margaret
River.
We saw quite a few interesting critters :-)
http://community.webshots.com/album/515565059LpeWyK
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." --
Unknown Check out pictures of Vino at:

Neat pics! I wonder if kangaroos there are like deer are here, as
in everywhere; beautiful but a nuisance and cause of many auto
accidents.

--
Cheryl

Old December 3rd 05, 12:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Fri 02 Dec 2005 09:57:15p, badwilson wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Here's a few pics from our recent trip to Purrth and Margaret
River.
We saw quite a few interesting critters :-)
http://community.webshots.com/album/515565059LpeWyK
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." --
Unknown Check out pictures of Vino at:

Neat pics! I wonder if kangaroos there are like deer are here, as
in everywhere; beautiful but a nuisance and cause of many auto
accidents.

They can be, they aren't the brightest of critters and bound across the road
without warning. However, they tend to prefer scrub rather than dense
forest, so you are more likely to see them before the jump out in front of
you.

They do however, gang up on young children and steal their lunches
(see http://www.flippyscatpage.com/attackkangaroos.html )

Most of the roadkill I see are small fuzzy creatures, raning between the
size of foxes down to rat sized. But they're usually fairly unidentifiable
when I get to see them. Then again, I don't tend to drive in the 'outback'.

Speaking of which, I ran over a magpie today. I suspect in reality I put it
out of its misery, because it bounced off antoher car before I hit it. But
it still made me cry and feel kinda sick. So if any of you want to spare
some thoughts (probably not purrs, for this native bird, cats are their main
predator) for the bird wiht the most beautiful song in the world, I'd
apprecaite it.

Yowie

Old December 3rd 05, 12:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yowie wrote:

Speaking of which, I ran over a magpie today. I suspect in reality I put it
out of its misery, because it bounced off antoher car before I hit it. But
it still made me cry and feel kinda sick. So if any of you want to spare
some thoughts (probably not purrs, for this native bird, cats are their main
predator) for the bird wiht the most beautiful song in the world, I'd
apprecaite it.

Wingflaps for the magpie.

Do magpies understand that cats are their predators? I know that many
animals that originally evolved without cats around never really learn
to be afraid of them, because the cats were introduced to that ecosystem
relatively recently. (You could substitute any predatory animal for
"cat" - but I think cats in particular play this role, because they've
accompanied humans on their trips around the world. Then they end up
in places where their prey don't know enough to run/fly/swim away from
them, and the cats decimate their populations.)

Joyce
Old December 3rd 05, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 3 Dec 2005 03:24:57 GMT, Cheryl
yodeled:

On Fri 02 Dec 2005 09:57:15p, badwilson wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Here's a few pics from our recent trip to Purrth and Margaret
River.
We saw quite a few interesting critters :-)
http://community.webshots.com/album/515565059LpeWyK
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." --
Unknown Check out pictures of Vino at:

Neat pics! I wonder if kangaroos there are like deer are here, as
in everywhere; beautiful but a nuisance and cause of many auto
accidents.

They can be. There are places where they multiply hugely-- in my
experience, though, that was the relatively little eastern greys. A
huge army of reds would be pretty scary, I think.

I remember that they had colonized some golf courses.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 3rd 05, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yowie" wrote in message

They can be, they aren't the brightest of critters and bound across the

road
without warning. However, they tend to prefer scrub rather than dense
forest, so you are more likely to see them before the jump out in front of
you.

They do however, gang up on young children and steal their lunches
(see http://www.flippyscatpage.com/attackkangaroos.html )

Hmm. I seem to remember that when I was planning my first trip to
Australia, and we were making plans to meet, you asked if I'd like to have
your Dad take me bushwalking. What did I ever do to you? G

Joy

Old December 3rd 05, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 19:39:57 GMT, "Yoj"
yodeled:

"Yowie" wrote in message

They can be, they aren't the brightest of critters and bound across the

road
without warning. However, they tend to prefer scrub rather than dense
forest, so you are more likely to see them before the jump out in front of
you.

They do however, gang up on young children and steal their lunches
(see http://www.flippyscatpage.com/attackkangaroos.html )

Hmm. I seem to remember that when I was planning my first trip to
Australia, and we were making plans to meet, you asked if I'd like to have
your Dad take me bushwalking. What did I ever do to you? G

Joy

They also have done some carjackings:
http://tinypic.com/i4ppck.jpg

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Old December 3rd 05, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

We will be thinking of the magpie.
Hugs for you, Vicky,
Polonca and Soncek

Yowie wrote:
snip
Speaking of which, I ran over a magpie today. I suspect in reality I put it
out of its misery, because it bounced off antoher car before I hit it. But
it still made me cry and feel kinda sick. So if any of you want to spare
some thoughts (probably not purrs, for this native bird, cats are their main
predator) for the bird wiht the most beautiful song in the world, I'd
apprecaite it.

Yowie

New pics (will hopefully show up eventually) Marina Cat anecdotes 16 April 27th 05 06:13 PM
Tallulah & Hubert pics! LOL Cat anecdotes 48 August 24th 04 12:00 AM
New Pics! LOL Cat anecdotes 6 April 25th 04 09:29 PM
need pics of ringworm DeAnna Cats - misc 1 July 24th 03 05:29 PM