The orphaned cat-basket

Old March 6th 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Default The orphaned cat-basket

For a long time the in the subject mentioned cat-basket orphaned. And
when I say 'long time' I'm talking about several years! But let me
start from the beginning:

We have this lovely cat-basket, which was living in our livingroom.
She was residing in it. Someway down the road she didn't like it
anymore and didn't want to sleep in it. After it was without any user
for quite some time, we put it in the bathroom.

No sooner it was positioned there, Owl found it a lovely resting place
for himself. Using it as a sleeping place was even for Owl only a
temporary phase, then it was no longer used. Well, not used is not
quite correct: the other cats used it as an additonal litterbox:-/

So we cleaned it and it got a new spot in the bathroom on our bathtub.
Here it stood for a long time, gathering dust on it.

Dear Husband and I thought about placing it in the basement for good
and for all times. We went to our bathroom to get the basket - and
found:
http://www.gwsystems.com/inge/Images/07030602.jpg
http://www.gwsystems.com/inge/Images/07030603.jpg

It seems, that She discovered her basket again. She found out, that
she can have her siesta there, undisturbed by all other cats.
Conclusion: the basket remains where it is:-)

Purrs to you
Inge and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge
Old March 6th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:15:45 +0100, Inge Grotjahn wrote:

[...]

Cats like to change their "nests" from time to time. owl is a lovely
cat. MLB
MLB

Old March 6th 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Inge Grotjahn wrote:
[...]

She looks very contented there. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 6th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:15:45 +0100, Inge Grotjahn wrote:

Cats like to change their "nests" from time to time. owl is a lovely
cat. MLB
MLB

I hope so. We bought a new bent wood chair that Charlie has been wanting
for quite a while. In the three weeks we've had it, he has been able to sit
there about three times.

Jake however loves it. Still I think the money might have been better spent
on a cat tree. At least I wouldn't have to keep vacuuming the fur off of
that.

Jo

Old March 6th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

aw, what a sweetie.
Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old March 6th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Am 06.03.2007 schrieb mlbriggs:

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:15:45 +0100, Inge Grotjahn wrote:

http://www.gwsystems.com/inge/Images/07030602.jpg
http://www.gwsystems.com/inge/Images/07030603.jpg

Cats like to change their "nests" from time to time. owl is a lovely
cat. MLB

The cat in the pictures is not Owl. It is She. But I agree:-))) Owl is
a lovely cat and such a lovebug:-) See his picture he
http://www.gwsystems.com/inge/Galeri...page-0005.html

Purrs to you
Inge and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge
Old March 6th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 20:13:16 +0100, Inge Grotjahn wrote:

Am 06.03.2007 schrieb mlbriggs:

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:15:45 +0100, Inge Grotjahn wrote:

http://www.gwsystems.com/inge/Images/07030602.jpg
http://www.gwsystems.com/inge/Images/07030603.jpg

Cats like to change their "nests" from time to time. owl is a lovely
cat. MLB

The cat in the pictures is not Owl. It is She. But I agree:-))) Owl is
a lovely cat and such a lovebug:-) See his picture he
http://www.gwsystems.com/inge/Galeri...page-0005.html

Purrs to you
Inge and the catgang

So cute! He looks like a Scottish fold, those tufts coming out of his
ears are something I have never seen before. MLB

Old March 6th 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Am 06.03.2007 schrieb Adrian A:

She looks very contented there. :-)

Yes, she does:-) And we are very happy, that She, beeing 12 years old
this May, decided to stay in the house for at least the cold period.
She has a catflap to come in any time. To let her out, we open the
door for her. The Persians are not allowed to go into the 'great out'.
They have a catflap to the fenced garden. But She can roam free as she
wishes and when she was younger, she preferred to stay outside most of
the time. Nowadays She enjoyes the fenced garden more frequently,
although she insists in her daily walk in the 'great out'.

Purrs
Inge and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge
Old March 6th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Inge Grotjahn wrote:
Am 06.03.2007 schrieb Adrian A:

She looks very contented there. :-)

Yes, she does:-) And we are very happy, that She, beeing 12 years old
this May, decided to stay in the house for at least the cold period.
She has a catflap to come in any time. To let her out, we open the
door for her. The Persians are not allowed to go into the 'great out'.
They have a catflap to the fenced garden. But She can roam free as she
wishes and when she was younger, she preferred to stay outside most of
the time. Nowadays She enjoyes the fenced garden more frequently,
although she insists in her daily walk in the 'great out'.

Purrs
Inge and the catgang

Snoopy has a catflap, at 17 she thinks the proper way to use it is to rattle
it until a hoomin opens the door. :-)

Old March 6th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

"Adrian A" wrote in message
Inge Grotjahn wrote:
Am 06.03.2007 schrieb Adrian A:

She looks very contented there. :-)

Yes, she does:-) And we are very happy, that She, beeing 12 years old
this May, decided to stay in the house for at least the cold period.
She has a catflap to come in any time. To let her out, we open the
door for her. The Persians are not allowed to go into the 'great out'.
They have a catflap to the fenced garden. But She can roam free as she
wishes and when she was younger, she preferred to stay outside most of
the time. Nowadays She enjoyes the fenced garden more frequently,
although she insists in her daily walk in the 'great out'.

Purrs
Inge and the catgang

Snoopy has a catflap, at 17 she thinks the proper way to use it is to

rattle
it until a hoomin opens the door. :-)

ROFL!! I know that Sugar would do this. When we had indoor/outdoor cats (no
flap, not done much here), the cats would "knock" but pulling on the outside
screen door and letting the corner bang back in. If it was winter, they
scratched on the door, just like the dogs.