Smokey tried to join me in MY bath!

Old June 26th 18, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

Default Smokey tried to join me in MY bath!

I took her wash bucket to the bathroom to change the water, but she heard the water running and followed me. So I gave her the bath on the bath mat, as we've been here before.

I decided to have my bath since I was there anyway. Smokey zonked out on my dirty clothes on the floor. I made the mistake of sitting up and leaning over the edge to speak to her. The next thing I know she has her paws on the edge of the tub looking at the water. Fortunately she has a bit too much ballast to easily jump over the edge.

I showed her the water and told her she would not like it. But she still tried to jump in from three different spots. I was just thinking about cat, claws, water and my bits. So I ended my bath early.

I really have to fill a shallow pan with water for her next bath to see what her reaction is.

Don't tell the other kitties, I'm afraid they'll kick her out of the club. ;-)
Old June 26th 18, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/25/2018 10:33 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
I took her wash bucket to the bathroom to change the water, but she heard the water running and followed me. So I gave her the bath on the bath mat, as we've been here before.

I decided to have my bath since I was there anyway. Smokey zonked out on my dirty clothes on the floor. I made the mistake of sitting up and leaning over the edge to speak to her. The next thing I know she has her paws on the edge of the tub looking at the water. Fortunately she has a bit too much ballast to easily jump over the edge.

I showed her the water and told her she would not like it. But she still tried to jump in from three different spots. I was just thinking about cat, claws, water and my bits. So I ended my bath early.

LOL Yes, that would be a legitimate concern.

I really have to fill a shallow pan with water for her next bath to see what her reaction is.

Don't tell the other kitties, I'm afraid they'll kick her out of the club. ;-)

Do let us know if she decides she likes the bath! I'm sure we've all
seen Youtube videos of cats that like to get wet. This one is my favourite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci9i8eNr37c

A waste of water but that cat would probably like a bath!

Jill
Old June 26th 18, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2018-06-26 1:50 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Do let us know if she decides she likes the bath!Â* I'm sure we've all
seen Youtube videos of cats that like to get wet.Â* This one is my
favourite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci9i8eNr37c

A waste of water but that cat would probably like a bath!

One of my RB cats - I think it was Betsy - had a bit of a bath-related
accident. Back in the day, I sometimes relaxed in a bubble bath rather
than taking my usual shower, especially if my day had been rather
hectic. One evening, along came Betsy and jumped up on the side of the
bath and started batting at the bubbles. She slipped. I never saw her
move so fast - I think she levitated and barely got her paws wet. I got
a real fright, as you would if you were just reaching a point of total
relaxation when a large frightened cat almost lands on your middle!

--
Cheryl
Old June 27th 18, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/26/2018 6:41 PM, Cheryl wrote:
On 2018-06-26 1:50 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Hi Cheryl!

Persia (RB 2014) used to walk around the edge of the tub when I was
taking a shower. She mostly just yelled at me. "Hey, don't you know
you're getting wet?" LOL

My cat Buffy shows no interest in water. She does go into the bathroom
occasionally when I'm in the shower but she does not jump up or try to
join me in the tub or shower.

Jill
Old July 1st 18, 11:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

On 6/26/2018 11:20 AM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

That cat is just like Holly(RB). She loved to move her head
back-and-forth under running water in the sink. She did like a smaller
stream of water than the one shown in the video.

MaryL

Old July 1st 18, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 7/1/2018 6:31 AM, MaryL wrote:
On 6/26/2018 11:20 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 6/25/2018 10:33 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
I took her wash bucket to the bathroom to change the water, but she
heard the water running and followed me. So I gave her the bath on
the bath mat, as we've been here before.

Do let us know if she decides she likes the bath!Â* I'm sure we've all
seen Youtube videos of cats that like to get wet.Â* This one is my
favourite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci9i8eNr37c

A waste of water but that cat would probably like a bath!

Jill

That cat is just like Holly(RB).Â* She loved to move her head
back-and-forth under running water in the sink.Â* She did like a smaller
stream of water than the one shown in the video.

MaryL

Persia (RB) never stuck her head under the running water but she did try
to drink the running water in the bathroom sink when I was brushing my
teeth. I didn't want to spit toothpaste on her head so I bought her a
Drinkwell fountain.

Jill
Old July 20th 18, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

On Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 12:15:26 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 7/1/2018 6:31 AM, MaryL wrote:
[...]

Yeah Smokey was a sink drinker, when she could still jump up. Now she drinks her bath water. Yuck!
Old July 3rd 18, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/30/2018 9:16 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Bill
Stock wrote:
[...]

My first cat Sweep (RB) used to love to play practical jokes on us. Sweep
often came into the bathroom and would chirp in greeting. One evening I
was relaxing in the bath with a good ghost story book when she leapt up
the side of the bath with a very loud meow. I jumped and dropped the book
into the bath. I looked at her, she was standing in the middle of the
bathroom looking at me with that grin (the one she always did when she'd
pulled off a trick).

That made me smile. Some cats are real tricksters!

I rarely laugh out loud, don't know why I just don't. Sweep hated water
but one day, I was in the shower and my husband came into the bathroom and
said something that made me go into a big fit of laughing (when I start I
can't stop) Sootie not only came into the bathroom to see what was
happening, she jumped into the shower with me to rub against my legs. This
of course made me laugh more but I had to stop because this little darling
was already soaked through. She thought there was something wrong as she
hadn't heard me laugh before.

Judith

Sweep to the rescue! I love it.

Jill
Old July 20th 18, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 2:02:56 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
[...]

Cali (RB) was the wise cracker of our group.

She used to love to play hide and seek. One day we looked for her everywhere. We finally found her peering out from under the dresser through the scallops on the front. First time I've seen a cat laughing at the humans.

Another time she went flying up the basement stairs dragging a key on a string that we had been using as a plumb bob. It made a hell of a racket and got us all out of bed. She did not like the humans making noise, but she was so amused with herself.

Cali was always trying new things to get me out of bed to feed her breakfast. The usual thing was smacking me in the nose, jumping off the furniture, knocking stuff on the floor, playing with the Venetian blinds and dragging her paws down the mirror. The last one took some creative genius and was most annoying. But one day she could not get me up, so it was time for drastic measures. She got on the boxes I piled up by the window for her to look out and launched herself onto my stomach. Wow, did I sit up in a hurry. I got up after that, I was afraid of what she might try next. :-)

MH and a bath Stormmee Cat anecdotes 0 February 17th 10 12:22 AM
Cat Peeing On Bath Rug? AR[_2_] Cat health & behaviour 4 January 30th 08 08:51 PM
Another bath! W. Leong Cat community 1 April 12th 06 11:26 PM
Another bath for Billy Pat Cat anecdotes 14 April 9th 06 10:43 PM
My Bath Gizela Cat anecdotes 2 December 18th 03 08:17 AM