Time for catacopter tours

Old October 18th 17, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_3_]

Default Time for catacopter tours

On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 4:30:37 PM UTC-7, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
[Sundance runs up to Pit2nya, talking on his catmunicator.]

Yes, datz rite, Francesca, two to 'port up.

[He puts the catmunicator away.]

Hold on, Sweetee...

[Suddenly there is a whoosh and Sundance and Pit2nya are 'ported to a heated seat for two months n tye catacopter, right next to a window.]

Dere. How'z dat?

Sundance

WUNNERFUL, WUNNERFUL!
P2nya
Old October 19th 17, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Francesca the Fierce

Francescaa makes sure that the onboard teleporter is working, so
kitties (and others) can teleport from the catacopter to the ground if
they need to leave, or from the ground to the catacopter if someone
wants to board after takeoff.

She does a walkaround inspection of the catacopter, then she starts the
engines and gets them warming up. She does the powered portion of her
preflight, finds all is as it should be, and makes a boarding call for
all interested parties. Ranger and Sammy help make sure that everybody
is strapped in and has their seats and heateres adjusted for comfort.
Ranger then adjusts the left-hand seat in the cockpit to have room for
2, and he and Pipps get themselves secured.

The copter lifts off, and Francesca flies it out of the large opening
in the side of the ice shelf. She climbs to an elevation of 500 feet or
so, then turns the copter towards the south.

The catacopter has just settled itself on a southerly course when the
aircraft radio can be heard through the intercom.

"I say, Roadcat Copter 1, this is Rothera Station. Welcome! I wonder
if you might be game for a bit of lookabout? We seem to have lost a
team of scientists."

Francesca queries the station as to last kknown coordinates and
expected heading of the science party, then she banks the copter
around. Once they reach the last known coordinates Francesca takes to
the intercom.

"Ok, everykitty - and everydoggy and everypenguin - we're looking fur
some silly hoomins. Dey was out playing in da snow an dey getted lost.
Efuffyone close to a window please keep an eye out fur da hoomins. We'z
gonna fly a spiral course working outward from where eey was, so we
should find dem."

It's only 4 of 5 minutes later when Zick get all excited and starts
flapping for attention. Francesca sees where he's pointing.

"Fangu, Zick, it look you found dem. Let me call da station - Rothera
Station, Roadcat Chopper 1 has found your missing scientists. Dey
turned right when dey should have turned left at dat last ice ridge.
Dey's about 15 miles eastish from where ey is supposed to be, I'z got a
copter full of passengers, but I can drop dem a 'mergency porter if you
fink dat it won't freak dem out. An da porter will automatically return
to my copter when dey arrive back at your station."

"Jolly good, Roadcat 1! Please do so. You and your group are always
welcome here."

"Roger, Rothera. 'Porter has been dropped, an dey's starting to go
through. Next time meebe keep dem science types on a shorter leash!
Roadcat 1 clear."

"OK, kitties, let's get back to our tour. Hows about we go party for a
bit wif da kitties at da Amundson Scott South Pole station, den when
we'z done go visit with da Russian kitties at Vostok Station?"

Old October 19th 17, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Francesca the Fierce wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Polly lifts a wing and says "Na Zdorovie!!" then clicks her beak in
cheer! (Although she can't help but be a bird brain, she's a well
educated one and knows the word means Cheers not 'lets drink alcohol
until we get stupid and fly into cliffs').

Iowna laughs and offers a hot thermous of ducky broth about the cabin
starting with Pit2nya behind her.

Old October 21st 17, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_3_]

"Jolly good, Roadcat 1! Please do so. You and your group are always
welcome here."

"Roger, Rothera. 'Porter has been dropped, an dey's starting to go
through. Next time meebe keep dem science types on a shorter leash!
Roadcat 1 clear."

"OK, kitties, let's get back to our tour. Hows about we go party for a
bit wif da kitties at da Amundson Scott South Pole station, den when
we'z done go visit with da Russian kitties at Vostok Station?"

[Ranger whispers into Francesca's ear after listening to his catellite phone]

Ok, kitties, minor change of plans. The Amud=ndson Scott kitties called
Ranger and expressed an interest in goint to Vostok Station with us.
We'll head for the South Pole Station and pick up their kitties, then
we'll land at Vostok Station.

[A few minutes later the catacopter touches down on the helipad at
Amundson-Scott South Pole Station. As soon as the skids touch down a
dozen kitties wearing heavy parkas dash from the nearby equipment
hangar to the catacopter. They climb inside and make themeselves
comfortable. A very large Maine Coon Cat starts meowing on the
intercom.]

"Hihi, efurry kitty! Hey dere, Zoot and Zack, long time not see! I'z
Homer, and I'z da cat ambassador of da Amundson Scott Station. We
bringed along a couple cases of nip vodka fur our comrades at Vostok.
Anyone care for a nip before we get dere?"

Old October 23rd 17, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Community Kitties wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Meantime Daisy-chan gets a message and she and Iowna start typing away.
They are HTML'ing the additons to the walk for Jan....

Old October 23rd 17, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_3_]

--

Pit2nya, fankz Iowna, then addz uh liddul ice to make the ducky broth friendlier tu her sensitive tonge.

Old October 27th 17, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_3_]

On 2017-10-21 16:01:31 +0000, Community Kitties said:

[...]

Francesca aims the catacopter towards Vostok Station. Since it's so far
away, she engages the teleporter and the copter emefges from a
shimmering wall of light just a mile or so from Vostok Station. The
radio operator at Vostok welcomes the copter and clears them to land.

Francesca sets the chopper down next to a maintenance shed. As soon as
the sound of the engines indicates that the rotors are slowing, a
kitty-sized door opens in the side of the shed and an inflatable tunnel
slinks out of the shed and inflates, leaving a tunnel licely protected
from weather leading from the copter to the shed. Ranger and Pipps take
the lead, showing everyone the way. As soon as the enter the
maintenance shed, a beautiful Russian Grey kitty welcomes Ranger and
Pipps.

"Ranger, Pipps, Dobro požalovat'"

"Dobryj den'!, Sergei! I'm glad to be back. These are guests from the
Antarctic kitty community, and from the online Community. We figured a
visit to your lovely home would be in order. And of course Homer is
along, with a good supply of nip vodka. I was wondering if ot might be
possible for those interested to visit Lake Vostok?"

Sergei: Da, Ranger, of course. [He turns to address the group] Welcome
everybody! This is Vostok Station. I am Sergei, and I am in charge of
keeping peace between us intelligent creatures and da hoomins. I
unndersand you wold like to see Lake Vostok. I'z sure you know that it
is ultra-pure, probably the purest, cleanest water on the planet. I am
pleased to announce that we haf a very nice submarine, with two trained
captains, Polina and Marina. And both of them are on duty today.

Which of you would like to take da submarine tour, and which of you
would like to enjoy da banquet first?"

Old October 28th 17, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

On 2017-10-21 16:01:31 +0000, Community Kitties said:

[...]

Polly being bird brained, scoots to the banquet and loads a plate with
dried coconut, some grapes, and a few nuts and comes back to say
"Dankeshan Sergi!'. Wrapping her goodies in a napkin, she joins the
line for the submarine. She afterall has to eat her weight pretty much
per day.

Meantime Clem and Cleo sort of hang back. They are not sure about
going *gulp* under water! Pit2nya sees this and comes over to soothe
them.

Meantime, Cash reaches into his backpack and pulls out waterproof
booties. He really HATES getting wet toes. He figures the sub will be
dry but he's hedging his bets. He offers Starr a selection in several
colors she might like.

All halts though as Iowna bashfully raises a paw and asks 'Is there a
little ladies room? I'z been runnin frum place to place fur a lot of
time anna need to (um) powder mai nose'... Reminded of this, a fairly
large line falls behind Iowna....

I don't have enough time Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 4 August 22nd 07 06:59 PM
Pee-Pee Time [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 6 July 16th 07 05:42 PM
When is it time? Cat Dancer Cat health & behaviour 8 September 12th 04 06:30 AM
vet time cati Cat anecdotes 17 May 30th 04 01:15 PM
How do you know when it's time? Bill Cat health & behaviour 12 September 9th 03 09:35 PM