International Cat of Mystery

Old March 23rd 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default International Cat of Mystery

"badwilson" wrote in message
Greetings from Malaysia!
We are all packed up and out of our house in Thailand. All our stuff is

in
a shipping container and enroute to Australia.
Meanwhile, we are staying in a furnished 2 bedroom apartment in Penang,
Malaysia. We will be here until the time comes for Vino's appointment

with
jail in Perth. The soonest we could get him in was April 10, so on the

9th,
we'll be off. Dennis won't be coming with us because he has to return to
work in Myanmar on the 11th.
In a way it works out because that gives me a chance to rent a house and

get
all the furniture set up before Vino joins us after his 30 days

quarantine.
Yesterday the poor bugger had his throat shaved and blood taken from the
jugular for the 2nd time in 6 months. The sample is also enroute to
Australia via Fedex.
The apartment where we are is pretty good for animal watching. Out back

is
a large copse of trees where in the evenings is a large group of pretty

big
monkeys which are constantly fighting with each other. There is also this
creek, which really swells up when it rains and we saw a giant monitor
lizard drifting along yesterday. There are also these bright turquoise
birds with yellow beaks.
The lady downstairs has 2 cats, both strays that showed up. One is a

small
orange boy with a 1/4 tail and the other is a heavily pregnant female with
long hair and white with tabby spots. I've nicknamed her Wide Load.

Can't
wait to see the kittens! The lady said she has homes lined up for most of
them. I hope she gets her spayed afterwards, I am going to ask her.
Dennis has to leave tomorrow night to go to Florida for 1 week for his
yearly training course on the simulator. It was supposed to happen during
his next month working but the company changed it at the last minute and
wouldn't budge despite our vehement protests. We are not best pleased

with
the situation, but I'll be ok hanging here by myself with Vino for a week.
I've got satellite TV and the internet for the laptop. Although the
connection is really bad because it goes through the switchboard at the
front desk. I am just going to use it to download the NG to read offline
and will go to the internet cafe around the corner for emailing!
Anyway, that's it for the latest news on our whereabouts.
Hugs and purrs for anyone that needs them.

Any chance you are going to be staying in Sydney for a day or two as you
head to Perth, or are you going directly to Perth? Because if you are going
to be in Sydney for a few days, I can feel an RPCA/Catslaves meet coming on.

Yowie

Old March 23rd 06, 09:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yowie" wrote in message
"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry, but no, that would be extremely out of the way. It's actually closer
from Perth to Singapore than from Perth to Sydney. And I'm pretty close to
Singapore right now. With everything that's happening, I doubt I'll make it
to Sydney until next year at the very earliest. But it will happen, believe
me! And then we'll organize a meet well in advance. Can't wait :-)
--
Britta

Old March 23rd 06, 10:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hi Britta,
I hope your container of furniture arrives on time. 18 months ago my son
moved to New Zealand, his furniture went in a container, his new job paid
for accommodation for one month. He found and rented a house, still no
furniture. He moved in with a futon to sleep on, and one borrowed chair !
He missed his 2 cats so much that he had them sent over, he bought an
electric heat pad for them, and there they all stayed for weeks before his
furniture arrived. It seemed that the container was not full, so it stayed
here in OZ until it had a full load. I hope this does not happen to you !
Marie
from OZ

Old March 24th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"badwilson" wrote in message

"Yowie" wrote in message
"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

Oh, and if you want to take another little 'side trip' to cairns..... lol

Old March 24th 06, 06:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

u...

!
He missed his 2 cats so much that he had them sent over, he bought an
electric heat pad for them, and there they all stayed for weeks before

his
furniture arrived. It seemed that the container was not full, so it

stayed
here in OZ until it had a full load. I hope this does not happen to you !
Marie
from OZ

Our container is definitely full...to the brim! Also, we rented the whole
container, no one else's stuff is allowed in there. But it will still be at
least 3 weeks before the stuff arrives after I do. I plan to rent a house
right away and I'll sleep on an air mattress. Helen Wheels is kindly
storing 3 large bags for us too, which contain sheets, towels, pots, pans,
dishes and even a toaster! I think I'll be ok camping out in an empty house
for as long as it takes our stuff to arrive. We had to do it for 6 weeks
when I was 10 and we moved from Germany to Canada. For some reason our
container was extremely delayed but I can't remember why now.
--
Britta

Old March 26th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"badwilson" wrote in message

Our container is definitely full...to the brim! Also, we rented the whole
container, no one else's stuff is allowed in there. But it will still be
at
least 3 weeks before the stuff arrives after I do. I plan to rent a house
right away and I'll sleep on an air mattress. Helen Wheels is kindly
storing 3 large bags for us too, which contain sheets, towels, pots, pans,
dishes and even a toaster! I think I'll be ok camping out in an empty
house
for as long as it takes our stuff to arrive. We had to do it for 6 weeks
when I was 10 and we moved from Germany to Canada. For some reason our
container was extremely delayed but I can't remember why now.
--
Britta

I'm so excited for you all, Britta. Please keep us informed on how
everything is going, especially with Vino and his kitty TV experiences.
Moving is the pits except for the trip aspect of it. I hated packing and
unpacking, but getting there was a blast, and getting to know my new
surroundings fun and challenging. I still get itchy feet after being
somewhere for three to four years.

Pam S. who's been at Pine Cone's Retreat for Four years at the end of June.

Old March 26th 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
[...]

I have had to warn Orlie that his current favourite lounging spot (your
largest bag) will soon be gone. He didn't look happy. I have to warn you
that he may be planning something.
Old March 27th 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Wheels" wrote in message
badwilson wrote:
[...]

Awwww, that's so sweet! I can just picture Orlie lounging on my bag. Maybe
he will just happen to be inside the bag when I leave ;-) I'll be a month
without Vino, so Orlie can come stay with me evil grin.
--
Britta