Stinkyversary!!! 17 Stinky Years

Old July 4th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`

Default Stinkyversary!!! 17 Stinky Years

"Shiral"
On Jul 4, 5:01 am, "Kreisleriana"
There is a great anniversary celebrated this week. No, not that one-- the
anniversary of the day I took my sweet little buddy off the subway tracks
and brought him home. It was seventeen years ago.
(NB: Stinky's seventeenth purrday was celebrated nat the beginning of the
year)

Life certainly is strange. I hate to think of that kitten on the subway
tracks, and I loathe thinking of how he got there. But finding him there
was one of the best things that ever happened to me.

Thank Bast for the young Marine who hopped down on the tracks and brought
him up for me.

He was scrawny, and his fur was dull, rough and sticky. He had a long
neck,
an enormous eyes and ears. He was completely sweet and trusting.

I popped him in my tote bag, and we got on the train home. He kept the
other passengers entertaining by popping his head out, and swiveling it
around on his long neck, like a periscope.

There was no transition time, no adjustment period, no hiding under beds.
As soon as we got in the house, he hopped out of the bag, looked around,
and
said "Nice! What's to eat?" He was disappointed, but not discouraged, when
my tiny Mimi reponded to his friendly overtures with hisses and headbops.

I took him to the vet for cleanup and snippage. When I went back to get
him, the vet tech and receptionist told me "We all LOVE him! He's the
sweetest little guy!!!"

The first night, he went wild in the house, and was everywhere at once. I
said to myself, "OMG, what have I done?" Mimi came to complain to
management. "Why have you brought me this stinky kitten?" she demanded.
Then, for the first of many times, he crawled into my lap and up my chest,
and released a deluge of purrs. That night, he crawled up onto my pillow
for the first time, and purred my headache away.

He grew fast, and his fur smoothed out, and started to glow. Soon his
outsides matched his insides. A glowing little soul. Oh, he was the master
hoolikitten from hell-- truly impressive. But his sweetness and his
natural
gentlemanliness always shone through.

He has CRF, now, as many of you know, and seemed at death's door a couple
of
months ago. I feel like it is a miracle that I still have my Stinky boy,
rejuvenated, almost completely himself again. I still wish he would get a
little fatter. But his fur is shiny again, his eyes are bright, and he is
butting into everyone's business, and supervising the way he should. I
can't really express what this cat is to me. He is my heart.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Pictures:http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Happy Stinkyversary!! You really ARE THE BIG DOOD! Long may you be
enthroned upon pizza boxes and stealing cherries!

Melissa

I just got this on a reply.....
Awwwwww,
Happy Stinkyversary indeed!!
PUUUUURS for Stinky to remain well and happy...
I know how devoted you are to him. He's beautiful.
Scritches for him from all of us and
a BIG HUG
for you
Kyla
--Mosey, Pookie, Pipps and Sqweex

Old July 5th 08, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:
There is a great anniversary celebrated this week. No, not that one-- the
anniversary of the day I took my sweet little buddy off the subway tracks
and brought him home. It was seventeen years ago.

snip
He is my heart.

I understand completely. I felt that way about Frank. Congratulations on
the Stinkyversary, and may you have many more happy years together.

Though it's scary to think of that poor little cat on the subway tracks,
I always love to hear the story of how Stinky came to own you. He's just
such an excellent fellow.

Old July 5th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jul 4, 6:01 am, "Kreisleriana" wrote:
[...]

Long may Stinky enjoy life with you as he has thus far, and belssings
on
you both.
Please have patience with ignorance of one who has lived most of life
in
an area where coral rock and limestone are about 2 feet below the
surface
land, and where I am now it's like some kinda "clay" foundation,
so....no
subways. In the movies and on tv dudes who jump on subway tracks get
like electrocuted from one of the rails. Is this b.s. or RL truth? If
true, is
the thing marked? Or does everyone know this but me?

There is a third rail that carries the current. It's insulated on top--
not so easy for a human to get to. If you are down on the tracks for some
deliberate reason, like track repairs, which go on all the time,and you stay
alert and aware, it's certainly possible to avoid the rail.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 5th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Happy anniversary to Stinky. May you live another 17
years!

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

. ..

Old July 5th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Am 04.07.2008 schrieb Kreisleriana:

... I took my sweet little buddy off the subway tracks
and brought him home. It was seventeen years ago.
(NB: Stinky's seventeenth purrday was celebrated nat the beginning of the
year)

Happy Stinkyversary:-) May you both have some more happy years
together.

Purrs from Inge and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge
Old July 5th 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Shiral" wrote in message
On Jul 4, 5:01 am, "Kreisleriana" wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Melissa! Don't forget playing the piano (bonk bonk BONGGGGG bonk
BOnk boink!), commandeering burritos, stoning out on soup and reading the
riot act.

I love this cat.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 6th 08, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
m...
[...]

This lovely, so I'm not snipping anything. Your last two sentences
beautifully express a sentiment that many of us feel.

Thank you for sharing.

MaryL

Old July 9th 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

Happy Stinkyversary and many more!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek
Old July 11th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

I thought I had already replied to this but I can't see my post. Happy
Stinkyversary and what a lucky boy you were.

Lots of luck with his CRF, Theresa. I know it's not easy.

Tweed