OT - Firefly

Old July 5th 11, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

Default OT - Firefly

We watch any and every sci-fi show or movie that comes out - yes, we're that
nerdie. Ben got into Babylon Five a lot more than I did - I liked Star Trek
since I was a teen-ager and watched the original airing (I was part of the
"letter campaign" that brought it back for a season after cancellation).
Stargate, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe were both good (and
another hunky male lead in the Stargate Atlantis series IMHO). I started
reading when I was 2 (my brothers were sin grammar school and I couldn't
stand them knowing something I didn't so I had to decode their books - even
my mom didn't believe I could read until I proved it by reading every sign
along the highway when we were going out to eat one night). My first two
books were Black Beauty [I have a mental picture memory of being with my mom
at her bowling league and one of her team mates saw me reading Black
Beauty... I could see my patent leather shoes ticking up at the end of the
plastic seat, I was so little ,my feet didn't even clear the end of the
seat.. anyway her team mate said "She's not really reading, she's just
pretending" and I proceeded to read out loud and remember the smirk on my
mom's face as she just turned away and took her turn at bowling] and A Tree
Grows in Brooklyn - then I discovered Isaac Asimov and read almost
exclusively sci-fi books since then.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

"Phoenix" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
I *LURVE* Firefly (science fiction show long cancelled). They're showing
Firefly marathon on the Science channel today. I doubly *LURVE* the star
(who now plays in "Castle" which I also *LURVE*). He just rings my bell
like a fricking gong (and that's hard to do now-a-days)

Any other science fiction buffs here a fan of the show?

Good lord, yes!! Nathan Fillion can come to my house ANY day, believe me.
We watched the existing Castle via Netflix and now are impatiently
awaiting the release of the season 3 discs.

We own Firefly and we (and often, our friends) will do Firefly marathons
:-) No broadcast TV, so we depend on the DVDs.

Are there other SF programs you watch? We are starting Season 4 of Bablyon
5, fell in love with it and have been plowing through the discs as fast as
Netflix will let us. A dear friend just loaned us the Stargate movie, and
the first season DVDs. We've never watched it before, so don't know how
the quality will be.

Nice to know I'm not the only weirdo!

Deborah
currently owner-less :-(

Old July 5th 11, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

Default OT - Firefly - Double D*mn!

My DVR sometimes goes haywire and pulls a Max Hedroom on me - and it did so
for a key episode - the one where Mal flashes back on how he got Serenity
and the Shepard leaves the ship. I either missed it in the original or,
more likely, it was one of the huge chunks of my memory that went missing
last February. I too am hoping I can find it on Xfinity.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

I *LURVE* Firefly (science fiction show long cancelled). They're showing a

Old July 5th 11, 05:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
hopitus[_2_]

On Jul 4, 3:11*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
I *LURVE* Firefly (science fiction show long cancelled). *They're showing a
Firefly marathon on the Science channel today. *I doubly *LURVE* the star
(who now plays in "Castle" which I also *LURVE*). *He just rings my bell
like a fricking gong (and that's hard to do now-a-days)
Any other science fiction buffs here a fan of the show?
CatNipped

Now you got me....same audience, different question; I do remember
scrolling past
that name in the cable onscreen roster of shows; never hit the button
to see it. I
have a cable package that runs kids programs 24/7, all week, that my
grand kid
has her faves of...with a name like that, just figured it was one of
those, and I am
talking kids programs you never heard of, from toddlers on up to one I
share a
love for: SpongeBob.
Your hotties are probably not my hotties, I think the head prosecuter
in The Trial
of the Day is a hottie. SpongeBob is not a hottie; Plankton is. Don't
ask me to
spreadsheet that.
Old July 5th 11, 07:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Phoenix wrote:

Are there other SF programs you watch? We are starting Season 4
of Bablyon 5, fell in love with it and have been plowing through
the discs as fast as Netflix will let us. A dear friend just
loaned us the Stargate movie, and the first season DVDs. We've
never watched it before, so don't know how the quality will be.

Nice to know I'm not the only weirdo!

Hardly - RPCA is full of SF fans.

You didn't ask me, but hopefully my answer will also be interesting.
I seem to be doomed to fall in love with shows that last one season and
then get canceled. The most recent one: Flash Forward. Any fans of that?

Joyce
Old July 5th 11, 09:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 5/07/2011 7:11 AM, CatNipped wrote:
I *LURVE* Firefly (science fiction show long cancelled). They're showing a
Firefly marathon on the Science channel today. I doubly *LURVE* the star
(who now plays in "Castle" which I also *LURVE*). He just rings my bell
like a fricking gong (and that's hard to do now-a-days)

Any other science fiction buffs here a fan of the show?

I saw him first as Caleb in Buffy and became an instant fan. The
interest has not waned in the intervening years - and yes he was
*awesome* in Firefly. The man is scorchin'!

Yowie
Old July 5th 11, 10:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Jul 4, 10:11*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:

Any other science fiction buffs here a fan of the show?

I keep meaning to watch it- Dave watched a couple of episodes and said
it was good and I have a sneaking feeling he may have saved it
somewhere but for the moment I'm just about coping with my "True
Blood" addiction and trying to get round to "Game of Thrones"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball
Old July 5th 11, 11:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Jul 4, 10:11 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Any other science fiction buffs here a fan of the show?

I keep meaning to watch it- Dave watched a couple of episodes and said
it was good and I have a sneaking feeling he may have saved it
somewhere but for the moment I'm just about coping with my "True
Blood" addiction and trying to get round to "Game of Thrones"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball

Are you saying you're a "V" addict? ;-)

--
Adrian
Old July 5th 11, 11:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Jul 4, 5:11*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
I *LURVE* Firefly (science fiction show long cancelled). *They're showing a
Firefly marathon on the Science channel today. *I doubly *LURVE* the star
(who now plays in "Castle" which I also *LURVE*). *He just rings my bell
like a fricking gong (and that's hard to do now-a-days)

Any other science fiction buffs here a fan of the show?

Yeah, I love the show too, but I missed the marathon yesterday -
didn't find out about it until too late.

But that's okay - I *own* the series, and the movie, thanks to a very
good friend!

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old July 5th 11, 12:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

Are there other SF programs you watch? We are starting Season 4
of Bablyon 5, fell in love with it and have been plowing through
the discs as fast as Netflix will let us. A dear friend just
loaned us the Stargate movie, and the first season DVDs. We've
never watched it before, so don't know how the quality will be.

Nice to know I'm not the only weirdo!

Hardly - RPCA is full of SF fans.

You didn't ask me, but hopefully my answer will also be interesting.
I seem to be doomed to fall in love with shows that last one season
and
then get canceled. The most recent one: Flash Forward. Any fans of
that?

Joyce

I enjoyed Flash Forward, another show I enjoyed that was cancelled after
two seasons was Dark Angel.
--
Adrian
Old July 5th 11, 12:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Jul 5, 11:09*am, Adrian wrote:

Are you saying you're a "V" addict? ;-)

No but I am a Fan of the Fang