Bonded Pets--A Boy and his Cat

Old August 21st 03, 05:22 AM
Lois Reay

What a nice story, my grandson's love to play with my cats and kittens, it's
nice to see kids interacting with animals.

Lois

"CATherine" wrote in message
One of my clients has a pre-teen boy. He is a sweet boy and loves his
Mommy's dog. But he wanted a pet of his own. So, after a time of
searching, he was allowed to bring home his choice: a yellow tabby
kitten. "He is my Buddy" and the name stuck.

Buddy is a year old now; but he still doesn't realize he is a cat. He
thinks he is a boy! Buddy and the boy do everything together. And
Buddy lets the boy do things with him cats don't usually do. Buddy
rides draped around the boy's neck or covering the boy's chest with
his arms around the boy's neck.

They box and wrestle and play chase. And they dance. But the most
amazing thing is Buddy follows the boy into the shower and gets
shampooed and rinsed and dried along with the boy. And he doesn't
shake off until he is rubbed with the towel and then gone to the
bedroom.

I have seen the look of bliss on the face of the cat as he lies in bed
with his boy. And the boy has the same look. The boy is very
responsible with Buddy in all his care and play. What a loving pair!

CATherine

Old August 21st 03, 06:25 AM
LOL

CATherine wrote in message . ..
[...]

Awwwwww! Thanks for this, CATherine - I needed to read something
sweet and happy. :-)

------
Krista
Old August 21st 03, 09:41 AM

CATherine wrote:

I have seen the look of bliss on the face of the cat as he lies
in bed with his boy. And the boy has the same look. The boy is very
responsible with Buddy in all his care and play. What a loving pair!

What a great story!! Thank you for posting it.

Joyce
Old August 21st 03, 02:58 PM
polonca12000

Lovely story! Thanks.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"CATherine" wrote in message
One of my clients has a pre-teen boy. snip

Old August 21st 03, 06:29 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Awwwww!!!!!!

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old August 22nd 03, 01:26 PM
Adrian

CATherine wrote:
[...]

What a wonderful relationship, the boy will grow up knowing which is the
superior specis.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old August 23rd 03, 05:52 AM
Sherry

Yoda sounds wonderful and the story sounds just like the one I wrote
about. I hope Yoda has a happy, memory-filled retirement.

CATherine

Thanks Catherine. He *is* a grand old cat. The reason I loved your story so
much is that people tend to think "A Boy and His Dog'', when in reality, that
special bond isn''t limited to dogs at all.

Sherry
Old August 23rd 03, 06:53 AM
JHBennett

"Sherry " wrote in message
Yoda sounds wonderful and the story sounds just like the one I wrote
about. I hope Yoda has a happy, memory-filled retirement.

CATherine

Thanks Catherine. He *is* a grand old cat. The reason I loved your story

so
much is that people tend to think "A Boy and His Dog'', when in reality,

that
special bond isn''t limited to dogs at all.

Sherry

Hmmmmmm........ Let me mention there is a movie titled *A Boy and His Dog*
which is set in a post apocalyptic world. The boy and dog can communicate
and the dog's heightened senses give the boy a big advantage in the survival
of the fitest world. The dog finds a female for the boy, however, she lures
him back to her society where they need fertile men to impregnate their
women. It turns out not to be what he envisions and, far from copulating as
nature intended, the society mechanically, and painfully, milks sperm from
him. Girl feels guilt ridden and helps him escape and true love seems about
to flower between girl and boy. However, the dog, who has been much
neglected, is on the verg of starvation, but stoically tells the boy to go
on with his new found love, and leave him to die. The boy kills the girl
and feeds her to the dog, his more valued ally.
Just thought you ought to know ;-)
Jack