What was the stupidest purchase you've made as a cat slave?

Old April 1st 04, 08:07 PM
Margaret Fine

Default What was the stupidest purchase you've made as a cat slave?

Kind of a long subject line, I know, but was wondering, what was the
stupidest purchase you've ever made as a cat slave? The one item that
you went "Duh!" and hit yourself on the forehead and said why would I
have ever bought that with a cat around?

My dumbest thing was recently. I bought some new lamps and shades. The
shades do not have a harp but balance on the bulb. DUH! It only took
Oliver about 20 seconds to show me the error of my ways and almost start
a fire as he rubbed against the shade, caused it to tilt against the
bulb, and smoke to start spiraling upward.

Margaret
--
Margaret Fine

Old April 1st 04, 11:55 PM
Yowie

"Margaret Fine" wrote in message
link.net...
Kind of a long subject line, I know, but was wondering, what was the
stupidest purchase you've ever made as a cat slave? The one item that
you went "Duh!" and hit yourself on the forehead and said why would I
have ever bought that with a cat around?

My dumbest thing was recently. I bought some new lamps and shades. The
shades do not have a harp but balance on the bulb. DUH! It only took
Oliver about 20 seconds to show me the error of my ways and almost start
a fire as he rubbed against the shade, caused it to tilt against the
bulb, and smoke to start spiraling upward.

Carpet.

I'm kicking myself something aweful for not choosing a more moppable and
less fur collecting floor surface. Then again, if there's no carpet in the
hosue, where does a self respecting cat go to barf?

Yowie

Old April 2nd 04, 12:02 AM
Margaret Fine

Yowie wrote:
[...]

LOL! You're too right. I've seen Oliver run from the kitchen into the
living room just so he can barf on the carpet!

Hope you're resting comfortably (or as comfortably as you can with the
impending arrival).

--
Margaret Fine

Old April 2nd 04, 04:39 AM
Marina

"Margaret Fine" wrote

LOL! You're too right. I've seen Oliver run from the kitchen into the
living room just so he can barf on the carpet!

I don't have carpet, but I do have rugs, and Frank always seeks out a rug to
be sick on. The linoleum floor will not do, because that would be too easy
for the hoomin to clean up. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old April 2nd 04, 05:32 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 08:55:45 +1000, "Yowie"
wrote:

"Margaret Fine" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Kind of a long subject line, I know, but was wondering, what was the
stupidest purchase you've ever made as a cat slave? The one item that
you went "Duh!" and hit yourself on the forehead and said why would I
have ever bought that with a cat around?

My dumbest thing was recently. I bought some new lamps and shades. The
shades do not have a harp but balance on the bulb. DUH! It only took
Oliver about 20 seconds to show me the error of my ways and almost start
a fire as he rubbed against the shade, caused it to tilt against the
bulb, and smoke to start spiraling upward.

Carpet.

I'm kicking myself something aweful for not choosing a more moppable and
less fur collecting floor surface. Then again, if there's no carpet in the
hosue, where does a self respecting cat go to barf?

Yowie

Why, the underwear drawer, of course. Our hoomin has his in the top
drawr, but I can still open it without much trouble.

Sammy
channeling through
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old April 2nd 04, 05:32 AM
Sam Nash

"Yowie" wrote in message
. ..
snipped
I'm kicking myself something aweful for not choosing a more moppable and
less fur collecting floor surface. Then again, if there's no carpet in the
hosue, where does a self respecting cat go to barf?

To the hoomins' bed, of course!
Smokey

Old April 2nd 04, 02:29 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 08:55:45 +1000, "Yowie"
yodeled:

[...]

In my shoe, of course.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old April 2nd 04, 02:30 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 19:07:25 GMT, Margaret Fine
yodeled:

Kind of a long subject line, I know, but was wondering, what was the
stupidest purchase you've ever made as a cat slave? The one item that
you went "Duh!" and hit yourself on the forehead and said why would I
have ever bought that with a cat around?

My dumbest thing was recently. I bought some new lamps and shades. The
shades do not have a harp but balance on the bulb. DUH! It only took
Oliver about 20 seconds to show me the error of my ways and almost start
a fire as he rubbed against the shade, caused it to tilt against the
bulb, and smoke to start spiraling upward.

Margaret

Dark pants, and I keep doing it.

Old April 2nd 04, 03:14 PM
Marina

"Kreisleriana" wrote

Dark pants, and I keep doing it.

You'd think that black clothes and two mostly black cats would be an ideal
combination, but they just keep shedding all these white hairs on my
clothes. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old April 2nd 04, 05:31 PM
Sherry

Two words: White carpet.
Besides all the obvious reasons white carpet is a stupid choice, I had Cherokee
at the time, who was a black longhair.

Sherry