We Are Not Amused

Old April 22nd 05, 09:24 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default We Are Not Amused

Well, I think that Li'l Bit is thinking real hard about having her
babies. She followed me all over the house this morning (way unusual),
she kept opening her mouth like she was mewling (way unusual, she is
not much of a talker), she let me clean her bottom (super way unusual)
because she's so big she can't clean her back side.

She kept trying to get behind some boxes under a built in desk (not a
"safe" place), then she finally laid down, and I could get my hands on
her. She growled really loud (!) when I picked her up to put her in
her room (way unusual), she doesn't want to be close (unusual).

She is now in the closed room, with a cat bed covered in a sheet, an
old blanket covered in a sheet, some towels. Guess I'll see what I'll
see in a while, huh?

Called the vet, and they say that all the stuff I'm talking about is
normal. She isn't panting, per se, but she is breathing rather
shallow, and she is purring, but she always purrs when someone touches
her.

Could be a false alarm, but dang... I hope not. I wanna see bitties
danggit.

Smokie Darling (Annie) - worried, worried, worried (I'm a good
grandmeowmie if all it takes is worry).

Old April 22nd 05, 10:14 PM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:24:18 -0700, Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:

[...]

Purring - purring --purring for safe delivery. MLB

Old April 22nd 05, 11:31 PM
Irulan

Hope everything goes well with Li'l Bit and the impending motherhood. Keep
us updated.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
oups.com...

Old April 22nd 05, 11:41 PM
CatNipped

[...]

Sending purrs that all goes well for her and the kits.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 23rd 05, 12:24 AM
Melissa Houle

[...]

Ooo, it's definitely bitty season! Li'l Bit may want some quiet and privacy
for the big event. Good luck to her, the incipient biddies, and to
Grandmeowmie. Now you and Pam will have everyone else feeling jealous of the
fun you'll have with baby cats in the house!

My ex-bittie AKA Nina had her 10th month birthday, yesterday. She's going to
be a good sized adult, but this is the baby that the vet wasn't sure would
make it! =o)

Melissa

Old April 23rd 05, 01:23 AM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
[...]

So far, we have three little white babies (oh my gosh). I'm thinking
that Leonidas is probably the proud papa. I don't remember bitties
being quite as loud as these babies are. I can hear them through the
wall (mom isn't wanting to lie still much it seems).

First was born at 17:30 MDT, second at 17:40, third at 18:10. Not sure
if there is another in there or not. The second baby was kind of
dragged around while Mom was trying to pass the afterbirth (Li'l Bit
was walking around in a circle) but seems to be fine.

I've got pics of the first two, waiting a bit to get one of the third
(we don't need to seem all wet and stuff). I'm going to try and
piccies of mom and kids when she's all done as well.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old April 23rd 05, 01:31 PM
Adrian

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
[...]

Purrs for lots of healthy bitties, very soon.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old April 23rd 05, 06:34 PM
Enfilade

So far, we have three little white babies (oh my gosh). I'm thinking
that Leonidas is probably the proud papa. I don't remember bitties
being quite as loud as these babies are. I can hear them through the
wall (mom isn't wanting to lie still much it seems).

BITTIES!

Purrs for their health and looking forward to pics!

--Fil
Old April 23rd 05, 11:12 PM
polonca12000

Very much looking forward to the pics,