When will shelters & rescue groups realize they are part of the problem? Nosy applications and long waits!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 2nd 05, 12:58 AM

Default When will shelters & rescue groups realize they are part of the problem? Nosy applications and long waits!!

While I realize most small rescue groups do good work, my experience
with these groups and with shelters is that their rules for adoption
are indicative of people who are at their core distrustful towards
their fellow humans. There is something evil about having to sit down
and fill out an application for an animal which is so nosy. Many
people object to this repressive arrogance of these shelters and then
they turn to pet shops. So, you see, by not allowing people to adopt
you turn them into liars, or you turn them to pet shops. But they WILL
get a pet, and so what purpose have these stupid, evil, long-winded,
nosy applications do? They have done more evil than good.

I find the rescue group people a lot more sincere than the shelter
people, but all too often their applications look like child-adoption
papers also! The very groups that rage against puppy and kitten mills
actually support them by driving customers to the shops. Its
incredibly sad to go to these shelters and see cage after cage filled
with animals who could have a home if not for the stupid application
forms. The saddest thing I ever saw was a man who was turned down
because he didn't have a vet for the animal he already had. For shame!
The animal he wanted was better off with this gentleman than stuck in
a cage and never adopted! But the rich biddies who run the shelter
didn't think so--and so to me, they are the evil, they are animal
abusers, people who would deny a pet a home! Remember, poor people are
just as deserving of pets as anyone else.

I've become so disgusted that although I've adopted from shelters
before, I will never do so again. I've got nothing to hide, but I
object to being made to feel like a child. The people at these
shelters have such contempt for most of us mere mortals, and frankly
I'd rather not play their game anymore.