After Family's Car Wreck, Cat Waits Week In Median & Is Rescued

Old February 13th 05, 11:47 PM

hobbs wrote:
Neat story indeed! I'm crying my eyes out, I'd like to know WHY they
couldn't respond,

Because it was Fulton County Animal Control. In other words, a
"gummit" operation like the DMV. The people who answer the phone get
instructions to tell people that they won't come out if the animal
isn't injured, and that's all they know and all they want to know till
they get into their sprinter's stance at 4:59 to get ready to run out
the door at 5:00 and not one minute after. Ask someone if this could be
an exception? You've gotta be kidding-that would take a brain and
common sense. There's actually more. The first caller told someone
else, who tried to call in later and claim that the kitty was hurt, but
the Einsteins answering the phone at Animal Control wouldn't be fooled
and told the second caller that they knew the cat was unhurt so no one
from Animal Control was going out to get the cat.

On the other hand, three policemen halted traffic on the interstate so
the woman who originally called could come by and pick up the poor
kitty. Kudos to them.

Old February 14th 05, 10:42 AM
hobbs

There certainly are some wonderful people around, hurray for all the *good*
people involved in this heartwarming story. Jean.P.

Robert Cohen wrote in message
oups.com...
Here's something additional I just recalled:

The Atlanta newspaper article--I now recall--also said that a couple of
(freight shipping?) employees of Delta Airlines paid for the
cat-in-cage flight to Colorado.

Old February 14th 05, 04:17 PM
Lesley Madigan

"Robert Cohen" wrote in message roups.com...

Thanks for such a lovely story- it's nice to get a happy ending
sometimes. Purrs to those wonderful people who united the cat with his
hoomins

Lesley

Slave to the Fabulous Furballs