A new awaking at the bridge, Iowna

Old June 5th 19, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default A new awaking at the bridge, Iowna

Iowna snuggles into the warm grass and grins as a familiar nose bumps
into her and a tounge gives her a lick.

She opens her eyes and for the first time sees her friend Cash grinning
back at her. "Oh my Cash! No wonder all the ladies liked you! You're
like a girl doggies fantasy pin-up!" she says laughing.

Cash's ears turn hot pink as he laughs and gives her a brotherly lick
on the cheek.

Stepping back she sees 2 circles around her. Both have carefully
preserved broken spots and she understands insinctively, those were
were pets who have now gone over the bridge but were 'family' just the
same. Cash introduces her starting with Ramsey, Daddy-2foots GS when
he was a boy. There are many cats including an all black one and a
tiny but perfect show quality Himalayan (Face and Roscoe, who have kept
her company by whispering sometimes at night when the family was
asleep). There's a gap where 2 cats who were temporary rescues were
but meowmie found them perfect forever homes and they went over when
their furever meowmies did. There's a gap for Sammy who came to live a
Chez Shenk's for 9 months after his 2-foot of 18 years passed.

She sniffs the next one and says 'You must be Aunti Mabel! Your scent
was still about when I came to live with Meowmie! I've heard so much
about you through the years!"

Aunti Mabel smiles and says "I've been watching you make everyone happy
for 6 years now. Bless you young'un! I absolutely love what you 2 did
with the ball as well! C/D ASL and all!"

Iowna looks to the next ring and all of her friends who are still
waiting are there. She's amazed that she knew so many!

With a gleam, Cash signals for some 2-foots to come over. They are
holding dripping wet nerf sponge balls. "I've never seen you do any of
your famous Agility skills, so this is just pure fun as we wait for our
dayy 2-foot and meowmie. The rules are simple. You run, jump, back
flip or anything you can think of to avoid getting hit by a wet nerf
ball. If you get hit, you sit back and watch the rest.

Iowna gets her famous big grin and yells 'lets go!' then from a
standing stance does a double back flip then jets 90 degrees running at
full speed with zig zags. She sees a 2-foot taking aim and she jumps
over a bigger dog (who gets splatted) then turns and runs the other
way. Soon only Roscoe (tiny himalayan) and Iowna remain. They take a
stand as 2-foots surround them and grinning, go out together in a
deluge of nerf balls to the cheers of the others.

Settling down, she sits with Cash and Aunti Mabel to check home. Daddy
2-foot and meowmie are stoic as is her 2-foot Charlotte. They had all
known the time was near and were prepared but not for the suddeness.
Daisy-chan is who they all worry about.
Old June 6th 19, 02:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mishi[_2_]

On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 3:31:20 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
[...]

Purrs to you and your furbabies, and welcome to the Bridge, Iowna!

Maus, Dweazel and the rest of the Stott Bridge gang

Iowna perks up! cshenk Cat community 8 July 10th 17 05:14 AM
Iowna's Birthday! cshenk Cat community 40 July 29th 15 02:36 PM
Iowna stole my bed! cshenk Cat community 2 May 17th 15 06:37 PM
Iowna on the prowl cshenk Cat community 3 August 18th 14 02:15 AM
Iowna, sezing Hi! cshenk Cat community 6 October 6th 13 11:18 PM