Party

Old July 12th 05, 05:50 PM

Default Party

I always underestimate how long it takes to get the apartment clean,
and I always overestimate how much food to get (but that's okay, since
we can eat off party food for a week!). And I always hope more folks
will come than actually show up.

But with all that, it was a lovely party. A very interesting mix of
folks who all seemed to really enjoy talking to each other. I did a
mix tape of music, faves from the '50s through the 00's, and everyone
seemed to enjoy something on the tapes. Our ex-landlord and his new
wife came, and that was really nice.

One of my guests is an artist, and she made a teeny little cat out of
copper wire. It is adorable. Someone named it "Micro Kitty". She
said with Micro Kitty, I can *always* have a cat with me, no matter
where I go :-)

We locked the cats in the Cool Room for most of the party for their
own safety. They were *not* amused, although I felt like telling them
"Silly cats! You're in the most comfortable room of the apartment!
It's a GOOD thing!" When the party thinned out, we let them out. The
three shy ones (Wolfie, Merlyn and Brando) stayed upstairs, but the
other four came down and sniffed everyone and the food, of course.
They got lots of "ooos" and "aaahs" and lots of pets. I'm sure they
were quite happy. I'm also sure the cats were all quite happy when
everyone was gone, the table was back in the room, and things were
getting back to normal! How *dare* we disrupt their routine! Hmpph!

All in all, a good time was had by all.

Ginger-lyn
still exhausted

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old July 12th 05, 08:23 PM
jmcquown

[...]

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....mmer/index.htm
(genealogy) http://www.movieanimals.bravehost.com/ (The Violence
Against Animals in Movies Website)

Sounds like a good time was had by all! Glad it was a success

Jill

Old July 12th 05, 08:44 PM
CatNipped

wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like it was a lovely party!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 12th 05, 11:38 PM
SuzQ

I'm glad you had a good party. You needed it.
Suz&Spicey

Old July 12th 05, 11:39 PM
SuzQ

Old July 13th 05, 10:26 PM
polonca12000

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the party.
Lots of best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

wrote in message
[...]

Halloween party II William Hamblen Cat anecdotes 17 November 12th 04 12:07 AM
Halloween party Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 45 November 2nd 04 12:46 PM
party tart Tish S Cat anecdotes 18 June 15th 04 02:12 PM
Party time! Tabitha \Fluffybutt\ Kitten Cat community 186 January 4th 04 01:48 PM
O & C - party tricks Susan M Cat anecdotes 22 November 23rd 03 12:44 AM