Party Cat????

Old September 1st 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sheelagh >o

Default Party Cat????

I will be honest, when I first read this story, I nearlly laughed,
until it cut in how serious this really was. I bet they won't have too
many dinner parties in light of this story

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...067367839.html

That poor Puss must have wondered what hit him!!
Sheelagh "o"

Old September 1st 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Sheelagh o wrote:
I will be honest, when I first read this story, I nearlly laughed,
until it cut in how serious this really was. I bet they won't have too
many dinner parties in light of this story

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...067367839.html

That poor Puss must have wondered what hit him!!
Sheelagh "o"

Oh, POOR kitty!!!!! Of course, having grown up prior to the
"drug culture" of the 1960's, I tend to think the owner
should not be allowed to have pets, but perhaps that's too
harsh. I've known dogs who enjoyed being given the dregs
from an empty beer bottle, and I once (inadvertently) got
one of my cats a bit high on brandy.

It was holiday time, I had just poured myself a glass of
egg-nog when the phone rang and I put the glass down on the
coffee table to go answer it. I came back to a HALF glass
of egg-nog and a somewhat bemused cat on the floor looking a
bit unsteady on its legs.
Old September 1st 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"Sheelagh o" wrote:

I will be honest, when I first read this story, I nearlly laughed,
until it cut in how serious this really was. I bet they won't have too
many dinner parties in light of this story

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...067367839.html

That poor Puss must have wondered what hit him!!

He didn't look very happy in the picture, did he?

However, the article mentioned that the cat had both coke and
benzodiazepines in his system, which was probably a lucky combo
for him. The latter are minor tranquilizers that help ease anxiety,
stop seizures and muscle spasms and other kinds of agitation. So
those drugs might have prevented the coke reaction from becoming
too bad, or possibly even deadly.

Poor thing! I'm glad he was OK.

Joyce
Old September 2nd 07, 05:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sheelagh >o

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...cat-who-cleane...

That poor Puss must have wondered what hit him!!

He didn't look very happy in the picture, did he?

However, the article mentioned that the cat had both coke and
benzodiazepines in his system, which was probably a lucky combo
for him. The latter are minor tranquilizers that help ease anxiety,
stop seizures and muscle spasms and other kinds of agitation. So
those drugs might have prevented the coke reaction from becoming
too bad, or possibly even deadly.

Poor thing! I'm glad he was OK.

Joyce

Your both right of course. He was an extremely lucky cat. Had he not
dabbled in the latter too, he would have been in a right old state!!
I'm glad he was ok too. I have a feeling that the dinner parties will
be somewhat less flamboyant from now on... Poor old Puss cat,
Sheelagh "o"

Old September 2nd 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 1 Sep, 10:54, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
I once (inadvertently) got
one of my cats a bit high on brandy.

I once (inadvertenly as well) got a rabbit plastered on sherry- same
scenario, it was Xmas my friends wanted to see one of my show rabbits
so I brought the tamest buck we had out. This was when mum was
starting to consider me and my friends "grown up" enough to have a
small sherry at Xmas (not one of us would dare to tell her we had been
in the pub the night before!) so we were talking and we put our
glasses on the floor then when I reached down for mine it was empty
and so were several others....and the rabbit was staggering toward the
door....I went after him and he ducked into the cupboard under the
stairs whereupon in his somewhat befuddled state he mounted a cylinder
vacuum cleaner and attempted to mate with it!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old September 3rd 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Sheelagh o" wrote in message
ups.com...
I will be honest, when I first read this story, I nearlly laughed,
until it cut in how serious this really was. I bet they won't have too
many dinner parties in light of this story

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...067367839.html

That poor Puss must have wondered what hit him!!
Sheelagh "o"

Uggh. Reminds me of the stories about John Lennon in the depths of the
sixties-- he had a pharmacist's mortar and pestle, and would just grind up
together whatever hallucinogens he had on hand, and sniff that. Whenever he
felt like getting high again, he would ingest whatever little flakes were
left clinging to the bowl.

The pic of the kitty looks about how he must feel.

We can haf anuffur party! Samuel Redcat Cat community 9 April 11th 07 01:59 PM
Kissamouse Party Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat Cat community 141 February 3rd 06 11:45 PM
Party "Pizzas" on Rye Kraz E. Kat Cat health & behaviour 1 September 10th 05 02:15 PM
Party Time Bev Cat anecdotes 16 August 26th 05 12:03 AM
Party [email protected] Cat anecdotes 8 July 13th 05 10:26 PM